Do people dislike BLT tower right now? Are people just not renting points?

How much are you asking per point? Everything will rent if the price is appropriate. You may be pricing too high.

Given the cash discounts Disney is offering right now, I think a lot of agencies and individuals are vastly overpricing their points and are in for a rude awakening.
I’ve noticed people on the boards here renting points for $24 recently, thought that was crazy for an individual renter. Part of why it’s cheaper to rent from a person and not an agency is the “no guarantee” that comes with it, so why would someone pay that much to rent from an individual when they could rent from an agency for that price or cheaper?

If that is true, why does Disney need to deeply discount rooms?

AP discount on rooms right now is 35 percent, and it has been for a while.
I think I read somewhere that tourism to Disney is down, maybe to Florida as well. Might be on the News and Rumors board -

I’ve noticed people on the boards here renting points for $24 recently, thought that was crazy for an individual renter. Part of why it’s cheaper to rent from a person and not an agency is the “no guarantee” that comes with it, so why would someone pay that much to rent from an individual when they could rent from an agency for that price or cheaper?
Thought that price point was only seen on the confirmed spec, holiday, reservation....

Non-soon-to-expire points are between 17 and 22, depending on location.

I have noticed that some of the rental companies will allow you to "finance" your rental,

But overall, renting DVC was a way to save about 40 percent over a cash room....

Disney is giving everyone a 15 to 25 percent discount and AP up to 35 percent discount.... the benefits of renting DVC are greatly diluted.

Domestic tourism is down but international tourism is WAY up. Disney was an "easy" vacation to do during the pandemic but now that people can travel again, they're opting to go abroad rather than stay in the US. Also the cash rates for deluxe resorts was insanely overpriced for what you get anyway.

Anyway, that's been discussed to death in the past and not related to BLT. I'll be staying there in May and the calls for a refurb make me hope the room doesn't look too bad lol

Domestic tourism is down but international tourism is WAY up. Disney was an "easy" vacation to do during the pandemic but now that people can travel again, they're opting to go abroad rather than stay in the US. Also the cash rates for deluxe resorts was insanely overpriced for what you get anyway.

Anyway, that's been discussed to death in the past and not related to BLT. I'll be staying there in May and the calls for a refurb make me hope the room doesn't look too bad lol
Internation tourism is up in 2023, as compared to 2022, however, it is still below 2019 levels.... is that way up in your book?

Tourism is not booming at Disney World. Tourism is booming elsewhere. As to the reason for that? Could be a lot of things. Could be as simple as, everyone who took Disney World Trips every other year, or every third year, or every fourth year, all took them at once after Covid and now are going elsewhere. Could be general dissatisfaction with the state of the parks. Who knows, and this thread probably isn't the place to discuss it.

I think renters who pay $24 are nuts. The savings isn't so great over Disney's discounted cash prices, and Disney is fully refundable!

That is insane pricing….
Or I’m giving points away…..

I would be interested I. What they are thinking

21 dollars a point for SSR
That take guts

Back if the real world 24 dollars per point is usually for a spec reservation, at like beach club for tanks giving or Christmas, well after it is sold out ….

But like everything
There are asking prices and selling prices

I almost want to find the renter and see what they are actually renting for.
DVC Rental Store is $26 per point for Poly. I priced it out at their price for the dates I want to travel and through Disney, a standard studio is $721 per night before tax. DVC Rental Store was $394 per night all inclusive. Even at the higher price, a lot less than Disney directly. If I used a private renter at $20 a point, I'd save $450 over the stay. I think I might pay the additional to have their "cancellation" policy.

DVC Rental Store is $26 per point for Poly. I priced it out at their price for the dates I want to travel and through Disney, a standard studio is $721 per night before tax. DVC Rental Store was $394 per night all inclusive. Even at the higher price, a lot less than Disney directly. If I used a private renter at $20 a point, I'd save $450 over the stay. I think I might pay the additional to have their "cancellation" policy.
Without know your dates it is hard to respond,

However, poly has been in the 400 to 700 a night for a hotel room… for dates I have looked into…

However, those prices were with the 35 percent AP discount

Without know your dates it is hard to respond,

However, poly has been in the 400 to 700 a night for a hotel room… for dates I have looked into…

However, those prices were with the 35 percent AP discount
Yeah, I didn't want to put dates because I think it might violate board rules. It is for the fall and the only potential discount right now is the bounceback, and even though I do qualify (I am combining this stay with one at the WL booked with a BB), the Poly had no availability for that offer for my dates. I don't have an AP and I've never had luck applying a discount to a Poly room. The rack rates for my dates are $721 before any discounts or taxes (I think it's about $811 after all taxes). It's a total of 76 points, so it averages out to $394 total per night through the DVC Rental Store. Even paying their prices, it's over a 50% discount. I don't think any of Disney's offers will beat that (free dining if offered would not be of interest either for my party size). Always interesting!

This is only because that is so far out and they haven't released discounts yet. I can almost guarantee you, unless something drastically changes with Disney's attendance, that the cash rate for that room will end up being significantly cheaper.
I don't think a room at the Poly will go much lower than a 40% discount. If points were rented from a DISboard member at $20 a point, it would be $304 a night total (the 5 nights is a total of 76 points). Even if Disney offered a 50% discount off of their current cash rate of $721 per night before taxes for that same studio (which is $811 after taxes) it would be $405 per night with tax. That is $101 more per night than the cost of renting points for the studio. I can almost guarantee Disney is not going to offer a 50% or more discount for the Polynesian. For Disney to offer a discount for the studio to be $304 a night, they would have to offer about a 63% discount off cash/rack rate. I don't see that happening.

I rented Poly here at $21pp back in May 2023, ~7.5 months from our trip. We decided to pay the home priority premium because standard view already booked up and lake view was dwindling by the day.

Our cost was $500/nt x4. Sounds expensive until you look at rack rate, $1400/nt and the best offer I’ve seen $1,100/nt.

That’s the limit to what I’d pay $pp. For easier to book reservations $18-19 is my personal limit. We have less reason to rent now though. Added on direct this summer and booking that Poly reservation would cost me closer to $350/nt, and probably could’ve caught that reservation by putting in a little more work than what I’d expect a renter to do for me.

January might be better $pp for rental owners. I’ve noticed potential customers are generally not looking at 11 months out. Alot more interest pops up in that 7-9 month window. Activity could increase in Jan for 2024 bookings.

Frankly, international travel, even to expensive cities like Paris and London, is WAY cheaper than Disney. I get going to Disney as a vacation with kids - although Disney has made Disney so "not easy." But once your kids get older, you might as well get them passports.

Reminder. No sharing of actusl rentals out there, even if not your own. No sharing of dates one wants to rent either.

Thank you.

Just curious why? Waiting for murphy bed in studio? I have tried them, but most seem to think they are a 1000 times better than the pull outs.

Any idea when refurbishment is scheduled?

Murphy beds are dramatically better. I wouldn't stay in a room at this point without it. We stay in 2BR or 1br where the main room is used.

Realistically the average DVC renter knows nothing of refurbishment and murphy beds or whatever. However, if you're working through boards here or at certain other sites, you are trying to get a higher-information renter, generally someone who knows more and has done it before and therefore MAY know of all such things.

Lower-information renters often rely on the agencies, because they perceive an agency contract as protection. And they're still begging for BLT points, so I'm assuming the agencies are doing okay.

Realistically the average DVC renter knows nothing of refurbishment and murphy beds or whatever. However, if you're working through boards here or at certain other sites, you are trying to get a higher-information renter, generally someone who knows more and has done it before and therefore MAY know of all such things.

Lower-information renters often rely on the agencies, because they perceive an agency contract as protection. And they're still begging for BLT points, so I'm assuming the agencies are doing okay.
What agencies are begging for points?
Based on what they are willing to pay, Im not sure begging is the correct term

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter