do people wear Uggs in California?

princess lovers mom

take me home....
We are planning a surprise trip for our girls at Christmas - I need to pack for them...we are from upstate NY and everyone wears Uggs here from Sept- April...if I pack them to wear in the park will they look out of place or do they wear them in CA too????

I am thinking it is a nice warm foot option for evenings

Yes, they do. I personally don't care for them, but I see them everywhere. I also see the same amount of people wearing flip flops in 50 degree (or colder) weather. :eek:

Yes, they do. I personally don't care for them, but I see them everywhere. I also see the same amount of people wearing flip flops in 50 degree (or colder) weather. :eek:

THANKS! DH and I call them Uggly...but kids like them - when I look back at some of our fashion when we were kids I wonder what we were thinking too - like leg warmers in every color for example!!!;)

Yes, people wear Uggs here too, for some reason. I don't really get it because it's not THAT cold here and like you said, they're ugly. But they will not look out of place. :)

Well personally I'm old and don't give a rip what people think about looks LOL. I wear crocs too and I know a lot of people think those are "ugly" too LOL. I wear crocs with god forbid socks in the summer cuz I can't wear my croc sandals cuz they give me blisters at the parks but I can wear them everywhere else that I don't walk too much. But for me it is all about being comfortable. And we live in Northern CA and it was in the low 20's for a few weeks so to me that is cold enough to wear crocs and plus we have a place in Tahoe and it is DEF cold enough there for them. But I do wear them to the parks.

I was there in March last year and never got too hot with them on and I plan on wearing them on our upcoming xmas week trip so I think you will be ok. To me they are comfy and when it is chilly they keep my feet nice and toasty (my feet are ALWAYS cold) and if you wear them like you are supposed to you are not supposed to wear socks with them so you are good to go.

Who cares what people think. Just do whatever is most comfortable for you! ;)

We are planning a surprise trip for our girls at Christmas - I need to pack for them...we are from upstate NY and everyone wears Uggs here from Sept- April...if I pack them to wear in the park will they look out of place or do they wear them in CA too????

It may be much warmer when you get to Cali, they might want to wear something summerish.

Also while people say they are so comfortable, most don't walk over a couple miles in them. Will their feet hurt the next day?

It may be much warmer when you get to Cali, they might want to wear something summerish.

Also while people say they are so comfortable, most don't walk over a couple miles in them. Will their feet hurt the next day?

I have heard of it being sooo cold there in the evenings - I am planning on gloves, fleece jackets etc for after the sun goes down - is that not the case?

so they would be just for the evening hours - not all day

I have heard of it being sooo cold there in the evenings - I am planning on gloves, fleece jackets etc for after the sun goes down - is that not the case?

so they would be just for the evening hours - not all day

Well consider where you are from and what it will be like outside your home before you go.

It's a perspective, I don't think it's cold out until it's ten degrees. And I think it is really hot at 80.

People in California wear them all the time, we are wimps when it comes to cold temperatures (anything below the 70s ;) :rotfl: )

I own 2 pairs of UGGs and wear them during the fall/winter, but honestly - not at DLR. I don't think they're good walking shoes for the amount of walking most people do at DLR.

Uggs are all I see girls wear around here!
High school, college, elementary school....all ages!
I have a pair too, now I usually only wear them with sweats or something. They are really warm :) & durable! I bought mine in 2006!! & used to wear them ALL THE TIME!

I have a black pair and I do wear mine when it’s winter! It’s cold out and they are just comfy. If I am not wearing my flip flops I am wearing my uggs to Disneyland!

I hate to say it. but even in the dead heat during summer I did spot some girls wearing uggs, some where in outrageous colors!!!

I'm sure you will see a lot of people wearing them but I personally don't wear mine to the parks. Not so much because of the comfort but because of the exposure to dirt, etc. I'm afraid that after a day of walking around in them, they would be filthy, LOL.

PS. people have been wearing Uggs in So. Cal since at least the 1980's. They were used primarily by the surfers to warm their feet after getting out of the water. So they actually had a practical purpose here in CA back then, LOL. Of course now it is more about fashion and comfort. But I think I have had my first pair (I don't surf, LOL) for about 20 years now.

Uggg boots look like slippers to me, so I won't wear them. I have lots of other boots I wear during the winter. I even have a pair of snow boots I wear sometimes because my feet get numb if it is in the 50's. But for DLR, I go by my old standby- the tennis shoe. :thumbsup2 I just wear heavier socks in the winter.

Remember those boots from the 80's that wear hairy? Rockers tended to wear them for a while there. :rotfl:

Well it does snow in CA.....granted not at DL but it does so yes, people wear Uggs. Not me, I hate them, I think they are so ugly. Thank God my kids feel the same way! LOL No Uggs in our house. We wear tennis shoes at DL, no flip flops here, just comfy tennis shoes to keep our feetsies happy all day. :)
We do wear scarves, hats, gloves and sweatshirts or warmer jackets but no Uggs. :)

Remember those boots from the 80's that wear hairy? Rockers tended to wear them for a while there. :rotfl:

That's so funny. I was just watching a film that had an 80's scene and a bunch of girls were wearing boots like that. As soon as skiiers start showing up for there holiday ski trips in a couple weeks I plan to see a couple women that hope to bring them back in style. Unfortunately it pegs them as a tourist around here.

Well it does snow in CA.....granted not at DL but it does so yes, people wear Uggs. Not me, I hate them, I think they are so ugly. Thank God my kids feel the same way! LOL No Uggs in our house. We wear tennis shoes at DL, no flip flops here, just comfy tennis shoes to keep our feetsies happy all day. :)
We do wear scarves, hats, gloves and sweatshirts or warmer jackets but no Uggs. :)

:rotfl: Same as my household, I wear Converse to the parks.

That's so funny. I was just watching a film that had an 80's scene and a bunch of girls were wearing boots like that. As soon as skiiers start showing up for there holiday ski trips in a couple weeks I plan to see a couple women that hope to bring them back in style. Unfortunately it pegs them as a tourist around here.

Yikes! :eek: I didn't know they still made them. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter