• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the boats between MK and GF/Poly accommodate scooters and wheelchairs now?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I’m trying to help someone on another message board and thought I’d read that larger boats were being used on that route now, but I need to be sure before I post there! TIA!

These days they’re mostly using the larger accessible boats or sometimes it will alternate between the large boat and smaller non-accessible launch, in my experience.

FWIW I asked a few weeks ago at VGF if I needed to fold my stroller and was told it depended on which boat it was. Larger boats wouldn’t require folding the stroller. So it seems they are using the larger boats at times.

How about calling the front desk of VGF?

FWIW I asked a few weeks ago at VGF if I needed to fold my stroller and was told it depended on which boat it was. Larger boats wouldn’t require folding the stroller. So it seems they are using the larger boats at times.

How about calling the front desk of VGF?
Thanks. I appreciate and trust your report from asking in person at VGF.

Unfortunately, calling “the front desk of VGF” would get me in touch with someone in a call center somewhere, and their answers are unreliable.

Thanks. I appreciate and trust your report from asking in person at VGF.

Unfortunately, calling “the front desk of VGF” would get me in touch with someone in a call center somewhere, and their answers are unreliable.
That particular call center (the Guest Services Call Center) is, at least, on property; that’s about as much as can be divulged publicly.

That particular call center (the Guest Services Call Center) is, at least, on property; that’s about as much as can be divulged publicly.
Thanks for that information! On Google Maps I had to do a little digging to find a 407-xxx-xxxx phone number for GF. If I call that number from my home in Texas, will I get someone on property?

Thanks for that information! On Google Maps I had to do a little digging to find a 407-xxx-xxxx phone number for GF. If I call that number from my home in Texas, will I get someone on property?
Yes, but it’ll either go to the Guest Services Call Center or the Disney Reservation Center.

When we stayed at Poly and VGF last December I was told that sometimes a boat may not be able to accommodate getting an ECV onboard, but in that case it would just be a matter of waiting for the next boat. They sometimes alternate the smaller boat with the bigger one that can handle ECV.

The trip before that we had a Hoop-Dee reservation and was told the same for that MK to FtW boat.

They usually run one cruiser (larger boat) and one launch (smaller boat) to the Poly and the GF. Whether a stroller needs to be folded probably depends on both the boat and the number of people and strollers and ecv’s wanting to ride. Strollers definitely have to be folded for the launches, but may not have to be on a cruiser. There may be times when it’s necessary to fold strollers on the cruiser in order to accommodate as many guest as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter