• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they offer refundable deposits?

DisneyinPA

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first cruise out of Alaska next summer. When I was looking at Royal Caribbean prices I noticed there isn’t an option for a refundable deposit like some other cruise lines. I’m worried about the pandemic firing up again over the winter and cruise lines going back to mask policies. My family wears masks every day in the health industry and don’t really want to wear one while we are on vacation. That being said is there a way to get a refundable deposit up until a certain date before you leave like some other cruise lines. Thanks!

Yes, but they make it difficult to find. You go through the process of booking a room. After you add the guest names it gives you the option of a refundable deposit. I just checked a random date and it was $136 more to book a refundable room for 2 on a 6 night cruise.

Do you have to pay more to be refundable? Is this after final payment? I know Disney’s deposit is refundable up to final payment right? RC isn’t that way as well?😳

Yes, but they make it difficult to find. You go through the process of booking a room. After you add the guest names it gives you the option of a refundable deposit. I just checked a random date and it was $136 more to book a refundable room for 2 on a 6 night cruise.
What happens if the cruise goes cheaper before the date. Do you know if you get money back?

What happens if the cruise goes cheaper before the date. Do you know if you get money back?
Not any more. With the cruise with confidence, you could get the lower price, but now that its expired you essentially have to cancel and rebook. The non-refundable deposit is transferable at a cost of $100 per person, so if it is a big enough price drop, you can still do it.

Not any more. With the cruise with confidence, you could get the lower price, but now that its expired you essentially have to cancel and rebook. The non-refundable deposit is transferable at a cost of $100 per person, so if it is a big enough price drop, you can still do it.
If it's before final payment, contact whoever you booked through (whether a TA or direct with Royal), tell them the price you saw and they should be able to adjust the final balance. You shouldn't need to cancel and rebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter