Do they they even look at room requests with online check in?

They do. I stayed at POP last year and requested a room in the 50s section and they gave it to me. Then again the only other option for my type of room was the 70s building. They will try and accommodate you if they can.

I think they do but honestly, since they are hit or miss, we rarely request anything. When I am on a solo trip, the only request I make is not first floor. Besides that, I figure let the chips fall where they may!!

I think they do. I did a mother/daughter trip to Port Orleans Riverside in February and I requested a room by a bus stop in MDE. Our room ended up being in the building closest to the West Depot (first bus stop at the resort). I put in a request for a room close to the lobby at AKL for an upcoming trip but if I don't get it I won't be upset. Doesn't hurt to try.

I can only guess that they do seeing how I've gotten our requests sometimes.
Now, I have no way to prove it wasn't 100% coincidence and I would have gotten that room no matter what

I think they do but honestly, since they are hit or miss, we rarely request anything. When I am on a solo trip, the only request I make is not first floor. Besides that, I figure let the chips fall where they may!!

We usually don't make requests on the app, but we will ask at check-in. On our Easter week trip this year, the woman at the desk offered us several options. We picked the room on the first floor. We probably never would have picked it, but on our 2018 trip, we were given the first floor at the Contemporary, and we loved being able to walk right into our room from the ground level. We may start requesting 1st floor rooms for all future trips.

We got exactly what we requested at Poly a few weeks ago.. so I would like to think they do

My understanding is that if you want to make a room request, you should call 407-W-DISNEY and ask to have the request put on your reservation. Then, when you do online check-in, you do not fill out any of the request stuff. The request stuff available through the online check-in is pretty minimal, and sometimes it's completely wrong (offering options that don't even apply at your resort). You have to ignore the online check-in options because they will override the more specific request you made over the phone.

If you're willing to pay for it, some people get a Touring Plans subscription and have them put in a room request through their special email. No guarantees of success.

If it's a reservation which is being paid for with DVC points, the DVC member who made the reservation should make the request through DVC Member Services.

I agree that it's really hit or miss. I will always do research and request a certain area. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I get the opposite! Luck of the draw. Lots of people putting in requests, arriving and departing. If they can accommodate you, I think they do try, but it's never a guarantee.

View your room on a map at check in. If it's not where you want, you can always ask for a change. Success here will vary also. I've been given a 'better' location, I've had to wait for that location, and I've been told that's as good as they can do. Don't go into the room first: once you do that it's harder to move you because I think housekeeping has to go back in.

Req ARE noted and seen by CM. It depends on the req....High floor, view of water, fireworks, animals, near elevator; are VERY common . There are just so few of those rooms , most req can't be matched.
Req the MOST important one item. If you don't get that area, go to FD and see if there is another area that might be just as good.
The resort is like a train, each room needs to be filled each night. Your room needs to 'connect' to another reservation that just c/o.
If the room you want is avail on your c/i day , you can get it.
Resort will NOT leave a room empty for 1-2 nights for your trip.

I've had success with calling in with a room request my last two visits. I gave them specific room numbers for 3 rooms for my traveling party and got the exact request. It was probably good luck since they do tell you they can't guarantee. I did the same for my May visit, we'll see! I also use Touring Plans as well.

I know you can call in and add requests and add them on touring plans. This year I have a DVC rental. I did have the owner call in a request. I also added a room request on MDE. Maybe I shouldn’t of did both 😬.
The one called in by the DVC owner was Tokelau 3rd floor. The option I added on MDE was just Tokelau.

I know you can call in and add requests and add them on touring plans. This year I have a DVC rental. I did have the owner call in a request. I also added a room request on MDE. Maybe I shouldn’t of did both 😬.
The one called in by the DVC owner was Tokelau 3rd floor. The option I added on MDE was just Tokelau.
I did 2 room requests using Touring Plans about 7 years ago. My request was very specific with description plus room numbers included. I either got the exact room requested or within a room to the left or right of the one I requested at both resorts. They obviously did accommodate, and I expect that they still do or at least try to.

I did 2 room requests using Touring Plans about 7 years ago. My request was very specific with description plus room numbers included. I either got the exact room requested or within a room to the left or right of the one I requested at both resorts. They obviously did accommodate, and I expect that they still do or at least try to.
I’m not sure I can do a room request on Touring Plans with a DVC rental? Anyone know?

Requests are just that. Requests.

They will TRY to accommodate them, but there are only so many ground floor/top floor/corner/etc. rooms.

As I understand it, if you are calling them in or using something like Touring Plans to make them, you should leave the ones available on the online check-in bit blank as those will override any others you have made.

If calling them in or using Touring Plans, it's best to limit the request to no more than 3 and put them in priority order (for example, when I was staying at All Star Sports, my TP request left the pre-populated field as-is and then in the comments section I explained that I'd like to request 1 - Surfs Up section; 2 - top floor; 3 - corner room - that way the assigner knew to first see if there were any rooms for my stay in Surfs Up, then if any of those were on the top floor, and then if any of those were on the corner. I ended up Surfs Up, top floor, second from the corner room). I also leave it more general than a specific room number - yes, I select one but I leave the floor/direction facing/such as line on the TP request as-is. That way the assigner has a clue why you are requesting the area you are.

But it's still just a request. I'm probably 50/50 for getting them, maybe even 40/60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter