Do Villa TVs have HDMI hookups?

franandaj

I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!
Does anyone know if the TVs in the Villas (specifically Kidani and BLT) have HDMI ports on them, or if they are even HDTVs?

Just curious....

TIA!

They are definitely HDTV's in Kidani
I'm not certain if you can access an HDMI port, though.
(Jambo was the first DVC with HDTV's)

Here, I found someone that says yes:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39275910&postcount=12

Thanks!!!!! We are in the process of setting up our Slingbox and just got our living room TV to broadcast to the computer. In theory we can watch our home news, any movies or TV shows saved on our DVR while we are relaxing in the Villa. Cool. :cool1:

But won't you be dependent on Disney's spotty wireless for streaming from your Slingbox?

I've looked into Slingbox as I would be thrilled to have access to my home programming and DVR recordings while traveling, especially when in Europe on business. However, I tried to stream a live baseball game from MLB.com while in a Hilton in Frankfurt, Germany and it was extremely frustrating because of drop outs. I'm worried about a similar situation with Slingbox.

We also have a wireless hotspot as part of our mobile package so if nothing else, we can connect to that. Recently we switched from AT&T to Verizon and our wireless service has improved tremendously.

Plan on using the hot spot. Disney WiFi wasn't designed for or do they support streaming video. Last year our connection was so poor I contacted the support folks for help. They stated that guests streaming is their biggest problem and that it drags down the network.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks!!!!! We are in the process of setting up our Slingbox and just got our living room TV to broadcast to the computer. In theory we can watch our home news, any movies or TV shows saved on our DVR while we are relaxing in the Villa. Cool. :cool1:

Slingbox is AWESOME!! :cloud9: We've had ours for years now & LOVE IT!!! We sometimes use our smart phones with it as well! It became of TOTAL importance once my husband started to travel for work and didn't want to miss his football package with Direct TV! :cheer2: Especially when out of country!! : ;) woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter