Do you access The DIS while at WDW

Do you access the DIS while at WDW

• We stay active on the DIS even when at WDW

• We can check once in awhile, but not as often as when at home

• We travel with a laptop, but don't have any way to access the DIS from WDW

• We're completely out of touch with the DIS while at WDW and have days/weeks worth of threads to go t

• We don't have access while at WDW, but will check the latest threads when we get home

• Other: Something different than any of the above. (Add Comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
I've noticed a number of posters indicate they're at WDW right now while accessing the DIS.

While we take our laptop with us, we don't have a local phone number to call so we can't access the DIS while at WDW.

So where do you fit?

I usually travel with a laptop. I use it primarily to keep track of e-mail at home. I separate myself completely from work! I had just found the DIS boards when I was last at WDW so I did check them but didn't spend a lot of time online for either e-mail or DIS. I have also used the terminals at Epcot and DQ to access the Internet.

We usually travel with the laptop and it just depends on how tired I am at night if I log in or not. ;) I miss reading the boards so I try to check in at least once during a trip! :cool:

I'd never even think of accessing the internet while at WDW! ;)

(Of course, while I'm at WDW, I rarely do much thinking- so I just plug in the 'ol laptop and log on!......but I'd usually probably maybe not check this board more than about 3 times a day....give or take.)

I usually travel with a laptop, and am fortunate enough to have local dial in numbers in most major cities, so I check DIS daily when at DVC.

We always have our laptop with us when we visit. During our December trip, I visited the DIS a few times and had posted some info about our trip, but our last visit a couple of weeks ago, I didn't come to this site at all. I guess it depends on how much time we actually spend in our room.

I usually check the boards as we are heading out the door for our trip. The first thing I check when we get back is any new threads! I will be without the boards for 2 weeks this summer!!!!!!! OUCH!

Maybe I'll try to access from Epcot this summer!!!!

I'm finally getting a laptop today!

I imagine I'll be logging on to check up on things and perhaps post a few pictures.

6 days...

Hi Bill,

Since we do not have a laptop, we cannot check the threads while at WDW. However, as soon as I got back this morning, I went right to this board to see what was happening!! Enjoyed chatting with you and Peg last Wed. Doc, too!!:D

My DH travels with his business computer (Air Force), and he's not allowed to access leisure sites on it. So, while I was at Disney Quest, I signed on and went through the threads.

I usually check in once each trip at DisneyQuest. My DH refuses to bring his laptop on vacation...stinker. :mad:

It was funny last trip (Nov '00). While at DQ checking in, there was a thread posted on the CB asking if anyone had looked into DVC, and decided NOT to do it. We already had an appointment scheduled for later that day with a DVC guide! It was very unnerving to read the responses, particularly when I was a real novice at that point about the whole DVC program.

We did purchase 2 days later, but canceled and bought a BWV resale. And we're delighted. :D

The very last thing I want to do on vacation is log onto the computer. I check everything when I get home.

I'd be tempted to do something truely bad....like work....if we took a laptop to WDW. So we stay as far away from the web and computers as possible. No cell phones or beepers if we can avoid it too.

I have never done this in the past, or even thought about it. But next trip (mid-July), we will take a laptop. I still need to find a free dial-up service (any suggestions, Doc and others?) so we can keep up with the DIS. As busy as we are, I think I can probably find time to check up on this forum to see what's on peoples' minds. I used to say that I didn't want to have a laptop along on vacation, but this was both a security concern (since reduced because of feedback here from others who take laptops along and even leave them out in their rooms) and the fact that I work with this technology everyday and may want to avoid it when on vacation. In practice, the DIS and this forum are a form of recreation which just happens to use some of the same technology I work with every day. In fact, I am currently sitting in the den with music playing and composing this on my new laptop.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter