Do you bring beach towels?

tasbm1

Earning My Ears
I am trying to limit what I pack because we are flying. One thing I was wondering about was bringing our own beach towels. Three towels will take up alot of space in the suitcase. Any thoughts/suggestions!
Terri:confused:

Buy new Disney ones whwen you get down there and then pack them in the extra suitcase you need for all the extra stuff you get. :)

How much time do you plan to spend lying around the pools? I usually find the hotel towels fine for just drying off, but they aren't long enough to lie around on.

Someone here once said that she takes old towels to the water parks and then throws them away on their way out the park. That way they have more room in their suitcase on the way home.

We thought of the same thing....and finally decided that it is going to be one of the items that we will be buying for the kids when we get down there. They do not have any disney towels and me middle child is anticipating getting a "buzz Lightyear" towel. Hopefully we will be able to find one of these because he has his heart set on it.

:o

Having at least one colorful beach towel does help to identify your stuff at the pool or water park in the sea of white towels. we always bring some & do take them back with us. I do like the idea of leaving them behind or purchasing Disney ones there. We just don't need new ones & none of ours are old enough to just leave. We do have some pretyy old bath towels, maybe I should bring those instead.

Originally posted by CapeCod53
Having at least one colorful beach towel does help to identify your stuff at the pool or water park in the sea of white towels. we always bring some & do take them back with us. I do like the idea of leaving them behind or purchasing Disney ones there. We just don't need new ones & none of ours are old enough to just leave.
Ditto!

We've always taken our own, but there is another thread about things being stolen from the water parks, even flip flops! So beware, if you leave your new Disney towel out on a chair.

:)

If you're going to only use the resort pool then just use the hotel towels. If you plan on going o the water parks, you should bring towels. Or, you could buy towels at the water park you go to and leave some extra room in your suitcase for them and other souveneirs......Have a great time...........Mickey76 :)

I like the idea of buying new beach towels at WDW to bring home as souvenirs. I have two boys, almost 7 and 10, where do you think we would get the best selection of "cool" towels for their interests, guy stuff of course. Perhaps, Buzz or Star Wars. We plan to do Downtown Disney our first day, will we find a selection there. Maybe even Wal-Mart is the way to go? Any ideas?

We never bring towels. The pool has them there, so we don't need them. We bring towels from the room to the water parks then just bring them back with us.

We find there are barely enough towels in the room, never mind using them for the water parks!

We always bring our own beach towels, but NEVER our Disney ones. I think it's just too tempting to other people. The towels we bring are kind of beat up at this point. We actually did lose one of them 4 years ago at River Country, so we left a message with Lost & Found, and a week after we got home, it arrived in the mail. :)

Last trip, we did buy Disney beach towels to bring home as souvenirs. They zip into a "bag". We had seen them at a store in MGM for $29, I think. Then I saw them marked down to about $20 at the World of Disney at DTD, plus we got 15% off with American Express.

When we bring the room towels, I just throw them in the wash when we get back. We stay at BWV in a one bedroom so we have the washer and dryer right there. I guess if we didn't have the washer and dryer I probably wouldn't do that. There was another post about this at one time and someone said that the CM at the front desk told them that they could bring the pool towels from the resort and just leave them at the water park.

Forget the towels. If you're staying at a value resort, you'll take your room towels to the pool. (Call housekeeping for extra towels.) If you're staying at a moderate or deluxe resort, towels are provided at the pools. At the water parks, you can rent towels for $1. Or, you can buy towels at the parks as souvenirs. Towels and bathing suits don't dry all that quickly in your room, and a soggy towel isn't that useful if you're going swimming later the same day or the next day. Forget the towels and use the extra space in your luggage for carrying souvenirs home!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter