• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever accidentally buy healthy food

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
If so what do you do when you find out ?

Just recently I bought some spaghetti and when I got home I seen it was "whole wheat " spaghetti, I put it in my side of the cupboard that I give to the poor :p

:rotfl2:

This just happened to me! I accidentally bought a box of the "lower sugar" instant oatmeal. I usually make two packets at a time, so I will just make one of the lower sugar and one of the regular until that box is used up.

Not accidentally, but one time my supermarket was out of standard cucumbers so I bought an organic one. DH made a snide comment when I told him.

I have accidentally bought "fat free" ranch dressing. Went straight into the trash. I didn't even want to be bothered with exchanging it. No one should ever eat fat free ranch.

I have accidentally bought "fat free" ranch dressing. Went straight into the trash. I didn't even want to be bothered with exchanging it. No one should ever eat fat free ranch.

From what I understand, fat-free anything isn't any healthier than the regular version of the food. They take out fat but add a bunch of other stuff like sugar and salt which essentially negates the benefit of "non-fat." Plus it doesn't taste as good.:) I can't think of anything I've accidentally bought but I've probably brought home some decaf at some point.

@low-key Jason that comment about the spot in your cupboard for poor people is funny. We have a shelf in our pantry like that.

DH does our shopping, but if he buys anything by mistake, we just fix it and leave it for the kids for after school/soccer practice. We have two teenage boys will eat nearly anything; and they eat it so fast, I doubt if they taste half of their food. Both are skinny too, but that is another thread.

Lol. That’s 95% of what I buy. I have cut out most processed food and try my best to eat clean. My son calls it my hippie dippie food ;)
When I think of hippies a lot of things pop into my head, but eating organic isn’t one of them...unless you’re talking about homegrown weed.
Eating organic has only become a fad the last few years. I do think it’s a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter