Do you go anywhere else?

LovinPooh

DIS Veteran
After just returning from our WDW vacation, I am so ready to plan next years. Maybe try a moderate resort, and some new places to eat. And hit those attractions that we didnt see. Try Typhoon Lagoon. Maybe a different time of year. But DH keeps saying, 'why dont we go somewhere else'. I cant think of anywhre else to go! I love walking down Main St looking at that castle. And always doing Frontierland first. Who doesnt? lol

Is there anywhere else you guys go for vacation? Or does your heart lie with these Disney parks like mine?

We talk about this all the time. At 5 yrs old, we can think of nothing that would entertain us and our son for a week like Disney can.
We want to try a split cruise/parks trip someday.

When he is older we want to do a trip to Washington DC, definately a trip to vegas for us alone. But for now it is disney for us.

You don't go to disney for the rides, you go for the experience.

We take one two week trip to Disney per year. We have DVC and I can't imagine not going to Disney every year. However, we do take shorter trips to places that are closer to home - LA, Las Vegas, San Diego, Seattle, Spokane, ect

Try to compromise and go on a Disney Cruise!

I do a pure Disney trip for 8 days every year, then a partial trip in the winter 3 days disney and 4 days at Daytona or Tampa/Clearwater. In the summer we go on a smaller vacation we can drive to with 7 or 8 hours for a week.

Next year we are doing a Disney Cruise instead of the mixed trip.

Going to Spain and Portugal in May, went to Jamica for Christmas.

I love Disney, but it's good to see the REAL world too LOL!

There are a lot of places I'd love to go, but Disney just feels like the home away from home. With as busy as things get at home, it's nice to have a place to go that I'm familiar with and know I will enjoy.

And, Disney is close to the beach. Which, if I can convince myself to go somewhere besides Disney, is where I go for Option #2. This past trip, I took an unusual 10 days off and did both. Probably will be a LONG, long time before I get that amount of days off again, but it was a nice compromise! :)

Do a split vacation. Spend some time at Disney and then explore other parts of Florida. Key West is a days drive from Orlando but it is a world in itself. No other place like it. That way you see other things and also get to take the youngun' to Disney. It's win...win!

If it's a nice day a car trip through the keys is awesome.

I live in South Florida, we do 2 Disney Trips a year, They are usually long weekend to 6 days long, I actually leave Friday:woohoo: , But yes we take other Vacations, We take our girls West to Naples Florida for a week at the Beach, Have done this for several years, and its Wonderful.....We just spend the entire day on the beach and relax, We watch Dolphins play, Play with and swim with fish, and explore, its a great Lazy Time......We also visit family In New York alot!!!!!but there is nothing Like Disney, and Our WDW trips are very special to us....We look forward to them and I always include everyone in the planning and The entire family gets just as excites as I do.....Cant wait, 5 days and counting.....

What makes it hard is my chicken DH. Afraid to fly and thinks he will sink on a cruise:lmao: Not sure what has happened to my brave DH:rotfl: Living in NH, driving really sucks! A cruise would be great if I could convince him. I would love to do a Disney cruise. And DC would be really neat. I guess I just love the palm trees and the sun of FL.:rolleyes: I think he loves WDW, but he just wont admit it. I should work on him for DVC....
I know I can keep us and the 2 kids 9 and 12 entertained for a whole week at WDW. But where else can you go where you can just get up like that and go play??

We alternate every other year with Charleston, SC. LOVE it there! This Dec. is supposed to be WDW, but a little nervous about the crowds with all the offers....thinking of doing Charleston/Savannah/ or Williamsburg, VA/ Washington DC instead. :)

We are going on an Alaskan cruise next year. We'll probably hit up Disney for 5 days or so for free dining in September as well :)

oohh.. the Keys! I like the sound of that. I wonder if I could get him to do a couple days at Disney, adn then a few days here and there around FL. :idea:

oohh.. the Keys! I like the sound of that. I wonder if I could get him to do a couple days at Disney, adn then a few days here and there around FL. :idea:

I spent five days in Manasota Key and five days in Disney- this was an exceptionally long trip but I'd definitely do it again this way on a shorter time frame. The drive from the Port Charlotte/Sarasota area to Disney isn't that bad- unless of course you take the way my father did through Children Of The Corn land middle of nowhere LOL!

I highly recommend going to the beach and Disney all in one trip= best of both worlds! :thumbsup2

I tell people we only go to two places- Disney every few years and Maine every few months!!!!

We have owned DVC for the last 8 years and have done WDW and 4 Magic (Eastern, Western, West Coast, 11 N. Med. Cruise) cruises since owning. We have also gone to Myrtle Beach, PA, Upstate, NY, Jupiter, FL and CA in between. We are going to Cancun this July and in addition to WDW, we are going to Hilton Head for the first time in August.

We love going to WDW but we add other short/long trips here and there.

I spent five days in Manasota Key and five days in Disney- this was an exceptionally long trip but I'd definitely do it again this way on a shorter time frame. The drive from the Port Charlotte/Sarasota area to Disney isn't that bad- unless of course you take the way my father did through Children Of The Corn land middle of nowhere LOL!

I highly recommend going to the beach and Disney all in one trip= best of both worlds! :thumbsup2

We went to Port Charlotte a couple of years ago. We had wished we went to the keys when we were there. We ended up going to Boca Grande which was absolutely beautiful. We didnt do Disney on that trip. Just a week in that area with family.
We usually do day trips to Maine every summer. Maine is beautiful. Big difference in water temp though from FL.:laughing: We are all of 2 hours from Maine.
Anyone ever been up to Niagara?

I have traveled all over the world and I have settled on three places. Most of my winter trips are to Florida and occasionally Myrtle Beach and summer trips end up in Maine. There really is nothing else that I feel the desire to see. I do so love to explore Florida. The last time I ventured to Key West I ended up driving back in the middle of the night through the Everglades. I had my windows open, my music playing and I was the only car on the road. When I mention that to friends I can see them cringe. The Everglades in the middle of the night? What if your car broke down? What if you had a flat tire? Don't know! It didn't happen so why worry about it now.

We have a trailer at a campground and spend most of our summers there (about 2 hours from home) We also travel to Toronto at least once a year, sometimes stopping in Montreal. We try to get in another trip or 2 each year. We travel to WDW in February to escape winter. Yup, we travel a lot.

This will only be our 3rd trip. Ideally though, I'd like to start going every 2-3 years if we can. Our other favorite place to go is MYRTLE BEACH but it's got nothing on WDW. And other years, we like to just camp every other weekend and not take a big trip at all. That's what we did last year. We love camping!

We went to Port Charlotte a couple of years ago. We had wished we went to the keys when we were there. We ended up going to Boca Grande which was absolutely beautiful. We didnt do Disney on that trip. Just a week in that area with family.
We usually do day trips to Maine every summer. Maine is beautiful. Big difference in water temp though from FL.:laughing: We are all of 2 hours from Maine.
Anyone ever been up to Niagara?

We did Niagara Falls on the Canadian side last summer -- beautiful at night. Some of the areas are not so great, but we found the perfect hotel overlooking the falls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter