Do you have a summer vacation booked?

We have a Europe cruise booked for August, which we are going to move to 2022 when the new dates are released. We are in Canada so lots more restrictions up here as no doubt many of you have heard. We will just be happy if we can travel outside of BC this summer - hoping we can go up to the Yukon. DH wanted to go across the country to the Maritimes but it's WAY too expensive to fly there. I can fly to Europe for cheaper.
:lovestruc We would love to go to the Maritimes too - we actually had Nova Scotia and Newfoundland booked (as a replacement for our British Isles cruise) last year when they dropped the Atlantic Bubble. I can't really get excited about the prospect of visiting the Territories. I was raised up north and I imagine them to be just like that - only more so. :laughing:

:confused3Who knows what will happen in the coming months - it's anybody's guess. While I'm hoping for the best, I really don't have the heart to plan anything. One of our regular travelling companions is insisting we book a cruise for 2022; yeah, sure - why not, but it totally doesn't feel real and I can't make myself care about it.

We go to the beach every year in July with my parents, brother/his family, and my family. The house was rented last year. Except for the teens, we anticipate all of us will be vaccinated by then, either by age or job category.

Otherwise, trips, but not vacations, will be moving in kids to college. Maybe DH and I will get away for a weekend for our anniversary in September.

We had hoped to take the kids overseas but we doubt that will happen. Because the outlook for summer is so uncertain, we're planning to hopefully take a road trip. We figure that the advantage of this plan is that we can be flexible and not be tied down to airline tickets. My DH is getting his second shot on February 10th but I'm still waiting for my second. My MIL still hasn't gotten her first, which concerns us. I really want to send her back to India because she's getting on my last nerve. It's not possible to fly to India from here right now, but we'd love to ship her out on first flight out once it's safe. She is very difficult to live with and we need a break.

No summer trip booked, but then again, we don’t usually do much family travel in the summer other than maybe camping. Fall break is a must for us though! Such a great time to travel. DS14 is on waitlists for three summer camps, so we’ll see what happens with those. Our hope is that at least one comes through and actually takes place. We haven’t planned fall break yet because at that point I’ll be taking vacation time from a job that I don’t even have yet! If I’m still not employed by our spring break in March, we’ll probably go away then. Once I start working again my time will be limited, so gotta go when the time is there. We’ll see how it all pans out….it’s a wacky time for sure!

My extended family rents a beach house every summer. We put a deposit down at the end of our trip last year for this year. If we can’t get down to see my in-laws in FL in March we’ll go this summer as well. It’s been over a year since we’ve seen them. My sister and her kids plan to come visit and the rest rest of our summer plans will be dictated by the state of Corona.

Last edited:
at wdw now leaving tomorrow. Only summer trip we have planned is September 19 at wdw for a week so it will be end of summer start of fall vacation.

No. It's too hot in Florida during the summer months.

It is cold here in the winter, that is why we go somewhere else for vacation. Isn't that the whole point? You could go somewhere it isn't super hot in the summer to get away?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter