Do you tip the safelite auto glass installer?

JenB1104

Mouseketeer
I am getting a windshield replaced today. Should I tip? There is a 34.99 charge for them coming to our house versus taking the car in.

The person coming out to your house is being paid by his employer for doing his job. There is no reason to tip. A polite "thank you" should suffice.

I did not. I have $1,000 deductible, so I had to pay the full cost ($256).

Do you tip other repairmen that come to your home? I don't. They are not under the tip wage pay scale like waiters and waitress are.

No I would not tip. We don't need to give Safelite any ideas about possibly tipping. I'm sure they and many other employers would love to try to get more of their employees on the "tip wage scale" if they could.

My sister in law is our insurance agent for AAA who uses them and a couple of months ago when I used them I asked her the same question. Her answer was a firm, "No! ".

I am getting a windshield replaced today. Should I tip? There is a 34.99 charge for them coming to our house versus taking the car in.

I recently had a windshield replaced, and I didn't tip, but I went to their location instead of having them come to me.

I have had two windshields replaced and have never tipped. Just to pile on to everyone else. :)

I am very surprised that nobody tips these workers. They are providing a service. I guess I’m old fashion and that my grandmother always tipped service workers no matter what service they provided at her home. I will look further to get an idea of how much to tip the Safelite worker who will be coming out to replace the windshield on my van.

I am very surprised that nobody tips these workers. They are providing a service. I guess I’m old fashion and that my grandmother always tipped service workers no matter what service they provided at her home. I will look further to get an idea of how much to tip the Safelite worker who will be coming out to replace the windshield on my van.

I thought this too. I don't tip mechanics who work on my car though.
Dh does handy man type work for a lot of our neighbors and they often tip him $10-20. Probably because they know he's not charging them nearly what a contractor would charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter