Do you workout on vacation?

Kittyblue

7322, 32502, <3
When I've been to conferences I've tried the hotel gym, but generally no, I don't make time to workout on vacation. If I really feel the need and I have the time I might go up and down the stairs for a bit, but otherwise I figure I'm getting in so many more steps than I normally do as I sight-see that I don't bother making time specifically to work out. I'm usually imbibing quite a bit more on vacations, which doesn't lend itself to working out anyway 😂

I need to start working out (again) at home. But honestly, since I usually have several hours in the morning before my destinations are open, I probably should use that time for a nice long walk or something.

Last edited:
A lot of my vacations (at least 50-60%) are centered around races (usually half marathons), so yes. And a large majority of the rest are centered around hiking. Non-running vacations I try to get at least one or two workouts in. Especially at Disney, there is something really special about running around the resorts early in the morning as the sun is rising.

I am not someone that does or enjoys relaxing vacations.

We don't work out at home but do try to go walking 3-4 days a week (4-5 miles). We would walk 7 days a week (unless it's raining). Between the rain, babysitting schedule, doctor appointments........you know how that goes.

When on vacation, we do try to walk every morning.

No…..my vacations are softball tournaments where I do a lot of walking while pulling a wagon with a cooler and equipment (I’m one of my DDs coaches). My heart rate may not be going up as it does when I’m on my elliptical at home, but that’s ok, its enough exercise for me for the day.

I usually consider the miles I walk in the theme parks to be enough of a workout, though I doubt it offsets all the food and treats! I do try to do some light stretching though for my back.

I visit the hotel gym on work trips but don't on personal trips.

I do try to do active things on personal trips though that are a workout.

Nope. I work out nearly every day when at home, during normal life. The break from it is good for recovery.

:o Ha! I know this is so stupid but although we never go to the gym at home, sometimes we do on holidays. Cruise ships often have really nice gyms with awesome views and the atmosphere is calm and lovely. It’s really nice to spend an hour or so on the treadmill or elliptical losing your thoughts to the ocean.

Most of our vacations involve a lot of walking, so I let that be enough when I'm on vacation---for the most part, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter