Does an AP have to enter 1st park if hopping after 2pm?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I am an Annual Passholder and am planning to go to AK one afternoon in May. I may want to hit Epcot that morning but not sure. If I make the park reservation for Epcot, I believe I would have to enter Epcot if I plan to hop to AK before 2PM. Do I still have to enter Epcot if I decide just to go to AK after 2?

I am an Annual Passholder and am planning to go to AK one afternoon in May. I may want to hit Epcot that morning but not sure. If I make the park reservation for Epcot, I believe I would have to enter Epcot if I plan to hop to AK before 2PM. Do I still have to enter Epcot if I decide just to go to AK after 2?
Yes, you would need to enter Epcot first. The other option would be to cancel the Epcot park reservation and then you could enter DAK after 2 pm without a park reservation.

Yes, you would need to enter Epcot first. The other option would be to cancel the Epcot park reservation and then you could enter DAK after 2 pm without a park reservation.
This is incorrect information.

Per the Disney website, 'To enter a theme park, Annual Passholders must have valid admission and a theme park reservation. Or, Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks without a theme park reservation on a good-to-go day for that park or after 2:00 PM (except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park).'

@frannn, if you do not enter AK until 2PM or later, you do not require a park reservation.

Just keep in mind that access is not guaranteed without a reservation. If the park is full you won’t be allowed in.

Just want to clarify my question- I would like to make a reservation for Epcot but go to AK later. If I do not enter Epcot that day, will I have any issue getting into AK after 2?

Just want to clarify my question- I would like to make a reservation for Epcot but go to AK later. If I do not enter Epcot that day, will I have any issue getting into AK after 2?
Make the reservation for Epcot. If on that day you realize you aren’t going to be able to make it to Epcot then cancel the park reservation. It shouldn’t turn blue after 2. I feel like even if you keep the reservation for Epcot -the worst that will happen is if your Mickey turns blue then a cast member will come over scan your band and reset the day for you allowing you into AK.

In late Jaunary, we had park reservations for MK on our arrival day. Our room ended up being ready when we checked in so we rested at the resort until mid afternoon and headed over to HS. We never entered MK or cancelled the park reservation and had no issues tapping into HS after 2pm.

If you decide to not do Epcot, it takes just a moment to change your reservation to the park you plan to go to. If you do it yourself, you won’t hold the line up by having a CM do it for you when you try to enter.

Per the Disney website, 'To enter a theme park, Annual Passholders must have valid admission and a theme park reservation. Or, Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks without a theme park reservation on a good-to-go day for that park or after 2:00 PM (except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park).'

@frannn, if you do not enter AK until 2PM or later, you do not require a park reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter