• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone do all 4 race weekends each year? (or any year?)

XoxoAmy

Attends every runDisney weekend
This may become a goal of mine if I can swing it. It will mostly involve solo trips. Wondering if anyone out there tries to do this? I would only be running the 10k and half (or potentially only the half) each race weekend - not the full marathon during marathon weekend (at least not yet!)

I did 3 of the 21-22 season weekends
W&D 10k
MW 10k
SS 5K

(if we are going by calendar years I’m hoping to get into the W&D 2022 10k live and the 5k live or virtual pending availability after registration for 10k is locked)

I’m doing 3/4 this year: Princess, Springtime, and Wine & Dine. All solo trips. I could never do 4/4 because Marathon Weekend just doesn’t work with my family’s holiday schedule (we spread out the Christmases over the whole last half of December, right up to New Year’s)

My cousin & I will have done all 4 this year! My husband joined us for 2 out of 4. I did just the half for W&D and Marathon Weekend and then challenges for Princess and Springtime Surprise. My cousin did challenges for all 4 weekends- but she's a much more serious runner than I am. We both have annual passes which helps. We've stayed everything from value to DVC (our DVC rental for Springtime only ended up being $150 more than a value). It helps costs if you're able to share the room with other people as that seems to be the largest cost (besides the races) for us. Let me know if you have any questions!

It's an intriguing idea, but for me, I think stacking the longer races of MW, Princess and SS would be a recipe for disaster. I don't think that I could maintain that high mileage for that long of a period of time without winding up with some sort of injury and absolutely no time to let it hurt properly. If you add W&D to the front of the "race year" rather than doing it by calendar year, you would be running a 10-19.3 mile (depending on what races/challenges you include) every 6-8 weeks for six months straight.

And let's not even talk about the finances!

I didn't plan it, but I'm going to end up doing all four 5K races this year. I was signed up for Dopey already, and my mom and aunt wanted to do the Princess 5K when they saw the theme. (They are local, so I flew down just for the weekend for that.) I LOVE Everest, and I signed up when I realized all I had to do was add one day to our spring trip to get that race in (we're DVC and book 11 months out).

At that point I realized that our annual Food & Wine Festival trip could easily overlap the same way with Wine & Dine, so why not tick off that last rD weekend to do all four? Registration willing, of course.

It's an intriguing idea, but for me, I think stacking the longer races of MW, Princess and SS would be a recipe for disaster. I don't think that I could maintain that high mileage for that long of a period of time without winding up with some sort of injury and absolutely no time to let it hurt properly. If you add W&D to the front of the "race year" rather than doing it by calendar year, you would be running a 10-19.3 mile (depending on what races/challenges you include) every 6-8 weeks for six months straight.

Yeah this is a concern for me. I would probably just do the HMs and not the challenges. Or more realistically, just the 10k MW, Princess HM, and SS 10k? So much is dependent on being injury free. My plan is to just do as many as I can, if I can.

There's a wonderful guy on FB and insta (and probably twitter but I don't know) who does them all and writes about them. His pages are open, so if you find Michael Gabriel, you can see his experiences.

He is a serious runner who doesn't just prep for races, and he runs all the disney races (and most of the others he does) in serious costume. As in, he ran the 2020 half or full in a SUIT, dressed as Walt, carrying a Mickey plush. In the rain. And it was a real suit, not running gear made to look like a suit. And he often dresses as a princess; he accidentally (for real) won the Princess 5K wearing a full dress a few years back.

He then disneybounds based on his costume from that morning and goes to the parks. And he smiles ALL the time.

My goal is to do all 4 weekends and all races this year. 2 weekend and 7 races are done:-)
after that think it will just be Dopey and Springtime Surprise, with a few Wine and Dine Weekends

In 2019 I did at least one race at all 4 WDW race weekends. My friends and I always do Princess weekend (girls weekend!). Those friends and our spouses did SW half that year to get the millennium falcon medal. Then DH and I did the W&D challenge and those friends joined for the 10k. The week of Christmas 2018 I noticed that the 10k for Marathon weekend 2019 was open so I called my friend and pointed out that if we did the 10k we would have at least one race each weekend. It's neat to be able to do that.

This year I've done Dopey and the Fairy Tale challenge. DH and I will be doing the SS challenge. We're not planning to sign up for W&D unless our friends want to join. Of course he said the same last year and we ended up signing up for W&D 2 weeks before the race because it was still open.

It helps that we are locals and don't have to bother staying on site unless we want to make a weekend out of it.

I would love to! But I live too far to make it happen within our finances. One day maybe!

I was going to do 3/4 the year of 2019-2020, but then Star Wars weekend was cancelled. I'll never be able to do all 4. Marathon weekend is very difficulty timing-wise since I work in a school. I'm aiming to do Princess each year and Wine & Dine when it lines up with Election Day. I would like to be back for MW when I can do Goofy again!

I was going to do all four this year, but my friend was getting married the same day as the Princess Half, and as the best man, I couldn't skip his wedding :P. My goal is for all four in 2023.

There's a wonderful guy on FB and insta (and probably twitter but I don't know) who does them all and writes about them. His pages are open, so if you find Michael Gabriel, you can see his experiences.

He is a serious runner who doesn't just prep for races, and he runs all the disney races (and most of the others he does) in serious costume. As in, he ran the 2020 half or full in a SUIT, dressed as Walt, carrying a Mickey plush. In the rain. And it was a real suit, not running gear made to look like a suit. And he often dresses as a princess; he accidentally (for real) won the Princess 5K wearing a full dress a few years back.

He then disneybounds based on his costume from that morning and goes to the parks. And he smiles ALL the time.
Couldn’t find him on insta, but he popped up easily on strava. Looked through some of his photos and those costumes are serious! No way could I run in those. I would be dying!!

I did the last year (not knowing it) of Disneyland races. All four and it was awesome. All 5k and challenges.
I can't wait for Disneyland races to start up again! I need a reason to get out there soon. I grew up in southern CA, had annual pass to DL until I went to college on east coast (and stayed), and now my parents have moved to northern CA, so I don't have much reason to get to Anaheim. But a race would be an excellent reason!

I can't wait for Disneyland races to start up again! I need a reason to get out there soon. I grew up in southern CA, had annual pass to DL until I went to college on east coast (and stayed), and now my parents have moved to northern CA, so I don't have much reason to get to Anaheim. But a race would be an excellent reason!

I don’t follow like I used to. Any news about them
Starting back up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter