Does anyone ever actually win the dvc trips?

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Just finished entering my billionth dvc promo sweepstakes and it got me wondering, does anyone ACTUALLY ever win those? Does anyone know of anyone who has won? It seems sort of odd there isn’t more fanfare about the winners being selected but maybe that information has to be kept private for some reason…. Just curious since I never seem to hear what ever results from these.

Yes, I plan on winning this time. If you want to know who the winner is, the official rules should tell you how to obtain that information. But don't bother for this sweepstakes, because it will be me.

I always wonder this too. I won 4 day tickets to Disney world and 3 nights in a hotel off site in a local sweepstakes a few years ago. It was really strange, the same day I heard I won my DH decided to play our local pick 4 lotto (which he never does) and won $10,000. It was our luckiest day ever lol.

Proof that we are in a simulation.

From rules:
  1. WINNER LIST: To receive the name of the Winner, send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by July 1, 2024 to Disney Vacation Club® Double the Magic Sweepstakes - Winner List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 2–100, West Conshohocken, PA 19428.

From rules:
  1. WINNER LIST: To receive the name of the Winner, send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by July 1, 2024 to Disney Vacation Club® Double the Magic Sweepstakes - Winner List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 2–100, West Conshohocken, PA 19428.
I’m just surprised they don’t make a bigger deal about the winner and their trip, seems like it could be some good publicity/advertisement?

We were on the Wish in JUne 2023 and the family of 4 seated next to us won the cruise sweepstakes. I enter the sweepstakes that I can. I have had trouble entering some of them, don't always work right.

From rules:
This. I work at a company that uses raffles to encourage participation and we use a 3rd party (looks like DVC does too but it’s a different org)— every once in a while we get a suspicious person who is sure it’s all a con and we remind them that it’s in the rules and direct them to how they can request the information. A surprising number of winners never claim the prize (probably assume junk/scam?) so it can take a while to actually identify the winner because (the one we use anyway) gives each winner a week or two to claim the prize and then moves on to randomly select the next entry and then they get two weeks, etc. but if you follow the instructions eventually you will get an answer.

Never won a specific DVC trip but I did win tickets on the radio. Once I won the tickets I was then entered into a pool of other daily ticket winners to win the "grand prize" that would also cover the hotel stay at VGC. I won the grand prize and they didn't do any type of follow up on the radio announcing who won grand prize package or that they even selected a winner for it. But I indeed won and stayed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter