does anyone have anything good to say about 2 night cruises?

If you just consider it a weekend getaway, it can be a lot of fun. For the price, you get a room for two nights with 6 meals, snacks and entertainment provided.

We just booked one this week for 2018 :) Our friends want to cruise Alaska in 2020, so by cruising in Fall 2018, they can book a placeholder that they can use on the Alaska trip in addition to having a quick DCL fix. So the 4 of us are leaving the kids at home and are having a parents-only weekend.

One other 2-night cruise we booked was part of a B2B so that we could get more time on the ship. :)

Can't do it!! Anything under a week is not worth the flight there and not feeling comfortable with the ship. If we lived in Florida, maybe it would be different. From Oregon, the longer the better.

If you live near the port, and want to use it as an opportunity to stay in a one or two bedroom suite (with a lower cost), I might consider it. Otherwise, for me, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. :-)

We dud one a while back when they went out of Los Angeles since it was local to u and really cheap, got us hooked on cruising.

It was a cruise to nowhere, I miss those, they need to get the laws changchangeso they are allowed again.

I definitely wouldn't travel to do a 2 day cruise, but if it left from our home port - sure why not. We've don'e some short 2-4 day cruises on other lines and they don't feel the same to me as a longer cruise, but still beats sitting at work!

I like weekend getaway trips, so I'd be happy to do one if it fit into my schedule.

If I lived pretty close to the port - I would consider it as a quick weekend getaway.

Adding it to an existing trip would be worth it. For example, you are already going to Disney World, or your job has you in Orlando for a few days.

I love them. Not as much as a longer cruise, of course. We just did one last month that was on our anniversary and it was probably one of our best cruises. If they left out of Los Angeles or San Diego more often, I would probably be on one every couple of months.

If I was local, then maybe. But my experience going out of Galveston was that boarding was a huge hassle, and that would make me think twice--that effort was worth it for 7 nights, but for just 2 nights, I'm not sure.

I have something good to say about 2-night cruises:

They are TWICE as long as 1-night cruises.

:tongue:

We love them. Nice relaxing weekend away. We fly from Sacramento to San Diego to do the 2night every spring and fall.

LOL ... we are booked on an upcoming 2-night DCL cruise. Our reasons ...
  • R/T from home port ... no travel required.
  • Moves us from DCL Silver to Gold (our 5th DCL trip ... although I still think the 14n Panama Canal crossing in '05 should have counted for more??)
  • Fun "weekend getaway"
  • Gives my DH a break from weekend yard work. He is especially looking forward to that!

Adding a 2-night cruise to an existing cruise is a nice way to experience a B2B Cruise and earn a higher club status.

We added on a 3 night to go B2B. It was nice to disembark and get back on not too shortly after. I think we were one of only 4 families and it was fun to walk around an empty ship (only crew on board). We were offered free speciality coffee drinks at the Cove Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter