Does anyone think Lookout Cay looks disappointing?

I am beyond excited to go to Lookout Cay!!!! I have twins daughters that will be 11 when we are there. One of them LOVES to dance and the festival they are having will be her jam. I think the food looks delicious and the reviews of the beach and snorkeling (before Disney developed it) are amazing. One of the best places in the Bahama's to snorkel I hope that Disney kept the ocean as healthy as it was before and I will have a chance to show my kids something amazing.

@MomOTwins Great. Thank you. Not sure how I missed that one.
I'd missed it too.

Yet another reason to skip this place. I don't need dancing and junk "welcoming" me - hated that at Coco Cay. I don't want my adult area so NOT separated from the family area. And the food? NOT beach food IMHO (other than the cheeseburger, but I can't have brioche, and cole slaw is nasty). Yuck.

It looks disappointing compared to Castaway. 1.5 miles to get to the beach seems far especially when you aren’t gaining any separation for the adult area. The food seems identical to Castaway but described more creatively.

I would have thought Disney would have wanted to create greater distinction between the two destinations other than some dancing and colorful buildings.

The food seems identical to Castaway but described more creatively.
I've never seen pigeon peas at Castaway - or roasted chicken and okra and stuff. It's regular burgers, hot dogs, etc. Lighthouse looks fancy - too fancy for beach food IMHO.

I am beyond excited to go to Lookout Cay!!!! I have twins daughters that will be 11 when we are there. One of them LOVES to dance and the festival they are having will be her jam. I think the food looks delicious and the reviews of the beach and snorkeling (before Disney developed it) are amazing. One of the best places in the Bahama's to snorkel I hope that Disney kept the ocean as healthy as it was before and I will have a chance to show my kids something amazing.

Only dance places I have ever seen work out are in locations that unlimited drinks are included at no additional costs. We will see but I would be very cautious to assume my kid who likes to dance would want to dance as some "festival" that Disney will hold.

It looks disappointing compared to Castaway. 1.5 miles to get to the beach seems far especially when you aren’t gaining any separation for the adult area. The food seems identical to Castaway but described more creatively.

I would have thought Disney would have wanted to create greater distinction between the two destinations other than some dancing and colorful buildings.

Woah its 1.5 miles to the beach?

Remind me why people that love these private island as the highlight of their cruise just don't go to Beaches in Turks at the costs these days for DCL? lol

Honesty it would be nice if Disney did open a joint venture with Beaches or started their own hotel Atlantis style. Maybe in Jamaica as it would fit in West Caribbean cruises out of TX/LA where the ships passengers could have access. Disney likely wouldnt do it.

Remind me why people that love these private island as the highlight of their cruise just don't go to Beaches in Turks at the costs these days for DCL? lol
Because not everyone wants an all-inclusive resort.

I think it is wonderful Disney is bringing more Bahamian culture to Lighthouse Point. I was so excited to see the menu including things like rice and peas, plantains, okra, etc. We travel to other countries to experience different cultures, cuisines and lifestyles so I think what they seem to be doing is a step in the right direction. Yes, we are going on a Disney ship to enjoy the Disney aspects when we are aboard but when we are in port the goal for our family is to experience as much of that respective destination as possible. I love that it seems Lighthouse Point is working to provide a little bit of a cultural experience.

It’s hard to read these AI posts. 😵‍💫

We don’t visit until next spring, so I’m hoping to see some reviews closer to that point.

It’s hard to read these AI posts. 😵‍💫

We don’t visit until next spring, so I’m hoping to see some reviews closer to that point.
Who are you accusing of being AI? We're basing our thoughts off of what DCL has put out there.

I think it is wonderful Disney is bringing more Bahamian culture to Lighthouse Point. I was so excited to see the menu including things like rice and peas, plantains, okra, etc. We travel to other countries to experience different cultures, cuisines and lifestyles so I think what they seem to be doing is a step in the right direction. Yes, we are going on a Disney ship to enjoy the Disney aspects when we are aboard but when we are in port the goal for our family is to experience as much of that respective destination as possible. I love that it seems Lighthouse Point is working to provide a little bit of a cultural experience.
You can do that in Nassau. They have tours to go to museums and stuff.

Who are you accusing of being AI? We're basing our thoughts off of what DCL has put out there.
Tons of posts are coming from ChatGPT these days. It’s not an accusation; people are using it for everything, and that’s fine, but the weird phrasing makes it hard to wade through after awhile. 🤷‍♀️

Read the OP and then scroll down and read the first comment by OP and notice the grammatical changes…

Only dance places I have ever seen work out are in locations that unlimited drinks are included at no additional costs. We will see but I would be very cautious to assume my kid who likes to dance would want to dance as some "festival" that Disney will hold.
My daughter had a blast at Tiana's place on the Wonder, dancing to the band. She got the rest of the kids dancing. Tiana even commented on her dancing the next day. Highlight of the trip. The information that Disney sent out about a Junkanoo Celebration makes me feel like they will encourage the kids to join in on the dance. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...als-entertainment-for-new-island-destination/

I am definitely exited about the food! Especially the curry & hope they will be able to give some of the sides separately as well.

My first thought was that it does seem similar to Castaway Cay. I love CC, but I wouldn’t mind something different. Don’t mind the walking. Just hope the adult beach is separated enough from the family beach to have some relaxing quiet time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter