Does Bob Marley-A Tribute to Freedom take walk-ins?

Rjmdds

Mouseketeer
My daughter is a HUGE Bob Marley fan and we just found out that there is a Bob Marley themed restaurant in Universal City Walk. Unfortunately there are no reservations while we are there in a couple of weeks. Does anyone here know if they take walk-ins? TIA

We were there memorial weekends and we were told that no restaurants in citywalk were accepting walk ups. And that you needed a reservation. Things might change

How authentic is the food at A Tribute to Freedom? We're big jerk fans, so the relatively limited menu doesn't bother me so much. And, I'm sure we could just Uber Eats or whatever the couple beers on the menu we can't buy at home and put them in our mini fridge. But, we also enjoy trying new places and this one wasn't open during our first Uni trip last August. Or the hours were so limited it didn't align with our other plans.

Does anyone know how loud the music/entertainment is there? I looked at the menu and it's really appealing, and I don't mind ambient music while dining, but I don't want to eat there if live entertainment is the main draw, and not the food.

Does anyone know how loud the music/entertainment is there? I looked at the menu and it's really appealing, and I don't mind ambient music while dining, but I don't want to eat there if live entertainment is the main draw, and not the food.
Honestly, we ran into this problem at Antojito’s. It’s a valid question. The Tex-Mex was solid, but the mariachi audio was so loud we couldn’t even hear ourselves think, let alone enjoy a meal. Seating position may change the experience, though, and we’ll definitely request a table further from any live entertainment stage anytime we’re out at CityWalk again.

The Marley Cafe is great. The jerk is tasty and pretty authentic; the rum punch is definitely the real thing :smooth:. They do have live bands in the open courtyard, so it's going to be pretty loud right there but they keep the sets short and you can always ask to be seated a little farther away or inside. If you're staying at a resort hotel, see if they offer dining reservation assistance. We stayed at RPR and sent a text request to the front desk concierge when we couldn't get a reservation online.

I’m in the same boat. Going in two weeks and was told they are completely booked. Only times available in mid-late July are a random Thursday and Sunday after I leave. Not really sure why reservations would be so hard to get. Toothsome has full availability during the same time period. I’m guessing it is a technical issue on their end since their online reservation system show that they’re closed on weekdays, but they’re supposed to be open 7 days a week now. I’ve tried looking for a number directly to the restaurant, but all I found is the number for Universal Dining Reservations. I’ve emailed guest services, but not sure they can help.

For those that have dined there, if I am unable to get in, is there an attached gift shop I could pick up a few souvenirs from like most theme restaurants have?

I noticed the same exact thing for the week we'll be there. My friend who is a travel agent looked into it & said the restaurant is actually closed Monday - Wednesday. We ended up grabbing a spot for Sunday evening when we get there.

I went there tonight. The restaurant is open 7 days a week, but was completely at capacity. Citywalk was packed tonight with every table service turning people away and long waits at all quick service. If you go early you have a chance at a walk up if there is a no show. Universal doesn’t charge a penalty if you no show so it is more common there than at Disney. The gift shop has not reopened. Some of their merchandise was being sold in Universal Hollywood last year so maybe there is no plan to bring it back.

I’m in the same boat. Going in two weeks and was told they are completely booked. Only times available in mid-late July are a random Thursday and Sunday after I leave. Not really sure why reservations would be so hard to get. Toothsome has full availability during the same time period. I’m guessing it is a technical issue on their end since their online reservation system show that they’re closed on weekdays, but they’re supposed to be open 7 days a week now. I’ve tried looking for a number directly to the restaurant, but all I found is the number for Universal Dining Reservations. I’ve emailed guest services, but not sure they can help.

For those that have dined there, if I am unable to get in, is there an attached gift shop I could pick up a few souvenirs from like most theme restaurants have?
How was it? Have a reservation Sunday evening.

I went there tonight. The restaurant is open 7 days a week, but was completely at capacity. Citywalk was packed tonight with every table service turning people away and long waits at all quick service. If you go early you have a chance at a walk up if there is a no show. Universal doesn’t charge a penalty if you no show so it is more common there than at Disney. The gift shop has not reopened. Some of their merchandise was being sold in Universal Hollywood last year so maybe there is no plan to bring it back.
How was it? We're going Sunday evening.

I don’t know much about Jamaican food so I don’t know if it is authentic or not. Most of the restaurant is open air so it isn’t the air conditioning break that other restaurants are. The fans help a little with the heat and the live band is quite good. Seems like the kind of place that would appeal more to hardcore Marley fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter