Does Disneyland Passporter mention the new American Girl?

lovemickeyworld

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping to start planning our first trip to Disneyland California. We are DVC Members in WDW, but we're excited to make a trip to CA. Does the new Passporter for Disneyland mention anything about the American Girl Place that recently opened in The Grove?

Is it driveable from DL to American Girl? We'd love to take in a few other sites while in the area, and are open to suggestions.

We hope to make the trip next June as soon as school lets out here.

Thanks!

I don't recall my Passporter mentioning anything about American Girl, The Grove, or Farmer's Market. We stayed at DL and made a couple of trips to Hollywood. It was roughly 36 miles to Farmer's Market the way we went. As far as American Girl, my DD8 loved it. We also really like the Farmer's Market and The Grove area in general. I'd recommend checking it out.

I don't think it does either, but I rencently lent mine to rikersmom, so I can't be certain. They free guide I got from the Anaheim Visitors bureau (or whatever it's called) gave me lots of info on shopping, dinning and site seeing in and around the OC.

Edit: here's the link

I don't know what the passporter is :blush: but AG Place is definatly doable from DL. It's about a 30-45 minute drive in good traffic (which could easily be hours in bad traffic, so plan accordingly). The Grove and Farmers market are great! AG place is such a neat place....but be prepared to spend LOTS of money if you want to do and see it all (though my girls are good just window shopping!). There's also a alot of 'flagship' stores in the Grove....meaning they get merch before it hits other stores, or stuff that won't be hitting that brands other stores. I know for sure GAP and Abercrombie down there are both flagship stores. I think Victoria Secrets too. -- There's a Cheesecake factory which is always fun, or you could browse around and get something to eat at the Farmers Market. BTW, if you're looking for a possible casual celeb siting, this is probably the best spot for that.

From the Grove you could easily do Hollywood (and the El Capitan if you have time). They're only a few miles away. Beverly Hills is only a few miles the other direction.

Be sure to disregard anyone who insists that The Grove is just a couple of miles from Disneyland. There is a place called The Grove in Anaheim, but it is just a theatre/concert hall. The AGP is at the Grove shopping plaza in Los Angeles. Oh, and don't forget to make your AGP reservations early for the cafe or theater, or you will probably arrive to find yourself with nothing to do but buy dolls and clothes.

It took us about an hour to drive to The Grove from DL.

The AG Place was great! But you do need reservations for the show (which was really good -- much better than I expected) and a meal in the cafe. It's really cute to see all the girls there with their dolls (if you have one, make sure to bring it so you dont need to get another!).

They have a little area for each of the dolls with their clothing and accessories all displayed and for sale. There is also a place to buy girls clothing to match the dolls.

It's really easy to drop ALOT of money here, by the way! We went down with another family and the AG Place was the highlight the girls' trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter