Does Photopass work the same at Aulani as in the parks and DCL?

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
We've been to DLR/DCA, WDW, and DCL and have purchased the Photopass packages, except at DLR/DCA, we bought the MaxPass which includes Photopass.

Wondering if Photopass works the same at Aulani? I'm guessing it does but since it's a resort rather than a park or cruise environment that schedule photo ops with Princesses, etc how useful is photopass at Aulani? We've never been to Aulani and I haven't read much about characters around the resort.

Can someone tell me how much it cost and if you thought the price paid was worth it for you? About how many pictures did you get from it?

It's the same as the parks. The price being worth it depends on how important meeting characters are for you. We got close to 300 photos in 4 days. Pictures with characters and then also my favorite was sunset family pictures. We did that 2 of the nights and they turned out amazing. The pictures from the character breakfast are not included in the pass

Also no princesses at aulani. Just moana. You can also add the kids club photos to your cd as well

When we went a few years ago for our 30th anniversary, I think the price was about $99. At that price, it was well worth it to have some photos of us together. We had some nice ones at sunset and down in the cove when we were swimming. Best souvenir!

Does it matter how many days you are staying? I'm assuming it's the same price $99 whether you are staying 3 days or 7. Is this correct?

As a WDW annual passholder, free Photopass is included. I wish that benefit would be extended to Aulani.

As a WDW annual passholder, free Photopass is included. I wish that benefit would be extended to Aulani.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are a platinum or platinum plus passholder you would just add the photopass ID number in your My Disney Experience account online, not through the app and they would be free. Just hit the bar that says Link photos and enter your Disney Photopass ID

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are a platinum or platinum plus passholder you would just add the photopass ID number in your My Disney Experience account online, not through the app and they would be free. Just hit the bar that says Link photos and enter your Disney Photopass ID

I would be surprised if you get them free as Aulani has nothing to do with WDW's PhotoPass.

Here is the price list for Aulani. So unless you pay for the photos you won't get the digital ID number.
https://www.disneyaulani.com/media/resorts/pdf/photography-services/PhotoPass-Package-Price-List.pdf

Unfortunately the two systems are not actually linked. They have to transfer the photos from the Aulani server to the regular Photopass one. When they do, you won't have all the same options for purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter