Does Publix accept debit cards?

wendyr

Earning My Ears
Here in Canada I pay for most of my groceries by debit card, but I've been told they aren't used as much in the US. Do the grocery stores accept them? If so are they part of the Maestro or Cirrus networks that my card will work with? Do the grocery stores take credit cards?

I use mine all the time at our neighborhood Publix, which I love because they give cashback without an extra charge. Beats going to their ATM and being charged!

Virtually all the grocery stores will take credit (and debit) cards. Not all chains take AMEX or Discover but VISA and MC should be OK.

I just checked the cards I use at Publix and they are maestro, cirrus, star and interlink networks so
I don't think you will have a problem.
Also I agree the use of the card there is better than having a 2.00 service charge from using
a different ATM than your bank.

Holycow

Publix does take American Express, that's the only credit card we have and we use it for groceries every vacation.

I use my debit card everywhere and all the time. Publix, gas, Walmart, Target etc. I rarely write a check anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter