Does Royal do port upgrades?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Subject says it all... I'm fine with the cabin I have, but I'm just curious if Royal does port upgrades when available like Disney does in case I wanted to look into it and maybe splurge.

Dug your doing non Dinsey!?

Yeah. I'm hoping it is better than my Holland America experience last year. My running coach and her husband do running cruises - we do races in each port. So I go with what they have.

I have never said I won't do non-Disney. Just that I will not be back on Holland America and Carnival has no interest to me.

I think you'll have a nice time. I hope so, at least! :)

We had to cancel our Radiance cruise, sniffle sniffle. So I'm living vicariously through you on Jewel (right?). :)

Keep checking prices (I just noticed that cruisecritic has a price-drop watcher) and see if different level rooms have dropped in price to see if you can just do an upgrade ahead of time. :)

I think you'll have a nice time. I hope so, at least! :)

We had to cancel our Radiance cruise, sniffle sniffle. So I'm living vicariously through you on Jewel (right?). :)

Keep checking prices (I just noticed that cruisecritic has a price-drop watcher) and see if different level rooms have dropped in price to see if you can just do an upgrade ahead of time. :)

Aw boo! I actually will be on Radiance 7/31!! I will do a report on my blog if nothing else!! :)

I'm not sure how it would work in advance since I am with a group. I will just ask at check-in just to see. NBD if I can't. I will learn what inside cabins are like - force myself to be more social.

I am 99% decided on a 12-night Med/Italy cruise on the Brilliance next summer!! Overnight in Venice??? Dream come true!! Will likely book on board - and do a verandah cabin as there is less than $300 difference between that and an ocean view. I am not going solo to the Med and not being able to see out!!

Why did I think you were on Jewel? I knew what you were on at some point, LOL.

There are so many places to see the outdoors, while warm and with a hot chocolate, your inside cabin will be OK. :)

Why did I think you were on Jewel? I knew what you were on at some point, LOL.

There are so many places to see the outdoors, while warm and with a hot chocolate, your inside cabin will be OK. :)

Is hot chocolate an included beverage or an extra one?

Is hot chocolate an included beverage or an extra one?
On Radiance class ships, there is a 24 hour coffee station outside of the windjammer buffet where you can make your own hot cocoa or tea :)

Also, on our last Alaska cruise, they had hot cocoa station set up on the top deck when we were touring the glaciers and whale watching :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter