• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar Minivans-Just Back

Humphrey Bear

DIS Veteran
We just rented a Caravan from Dollar and wanted everyone to know that Dollar now carries Caravans along with Chevy Astro's. They had a large selection of each. We got a Grand Caravan with 8,000 miles on it. It was a great van. Also had the built in child seats. There was no pressure on the refuiling option, and I didn't have to fill up witin 10 miles like some others have. Was very happy with everything! Will rent from them again.

Thanks for sharing your good experience. How much was the minivan and how long did you have it? Any problems picking up or dropping off?

It was $189 plus taxes for the week. We used the "Winter Wonderful Rates" WRATE code at Dollar's websight. It was lower than the other usual codes but is only good till the end of January. Pick up was a breeze. Used fastlane but we were the only ones at the counter so it didn't matter. No pressure to take the fuel option or insurance and the return was a snap as they do it right at the vehicle, but it you want a Caravan make sure to ask for one at the counter as they seemed to have a bunch of Chevy Astro vans as well.

Humphrey Bear:

Thanks for the response. What a great rate! We will be going in May so I will have to find a different code for that time. Still trying to decide if I should rent a mini van or take a town car & use disney transportation. There will be six of us so we will need a mini van if we rent. How did you sign up for Fastlane?

We rented from Dollar a few weeks ago. They told us we had to refuel within 4 miles and neede to provide a receipt. DH dropped us off at the terminal and went to find a gas station. Of course they never asked for the receipt when he returned the van.

Illinois Mark: Joining Fastlane is easy. Just go to www.dollar.com and the link to join is at the bottom middle of the page. Best part of all is that it's free. Although we didn't need it this time, it has come in handy in the past as you go straight to the front of the line! There have been times when there were a dozen people in line and we got to go next. We have never used the town car service because we like the flexibility of having our own vehicle. We did try the codes FVG and KISS but for December WRATE was best. I think there are some other codes at www.mousesavers.com Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter