Door bells . . . .

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
We have a new doorbell (shock horror - you can see the headlines in the Sunday Sport next week!). Not just any old doorbell. This one plays . . . . wait for it . . . . It's a small world !!

We had to get a new doorbell, cos I broke the last one!!

Well, not so much as "broke" it as pulled the wires out of it's little heart.

There was a good reason . . . .

DH was away for 8 days on business conference. Doorbell kept going off in the middle of the night and frightening the life out of me - you know that horrible feeling, like when the phone rings in the night (MIL has cancer, so always at the back of your mind . . . you know).

I got soooo fed up with it by 5.30 one morning - it had even woken DD (9) from her slumber, and believe you me - nothing, but nothing wakes that one). So I'm afraid after some very unladylike mutterings at the door, opened it for the umpteenth time just to check no-one was there (check the scene - no clothes on, blowing a gale, hammering down with rain so when I open the door I freeze/drown) - s'ok - neighbours on either side are coffin dodgers, the fright of seeing me in the early hours of the morning might be sufficient to finish them off, mind you:D :bounce: :bounce:

Yep - you've guessed it - no one there. So I did the only thing I could - and yanked the wires out. With a HUGE smile:D on my face I stagger back up to bed for another hours sleep before I have to get up.

DH thought it quite amusing, until he realised that I'd done such a good number on the 'yanking the wires' bit, he couldn't get them back in.

So quick visit to B&Q yesterday found us one of these battery operated non-wire with eight tune doorbells.

So, DD had the choice - it was either the circus tune or Small World. No competition really . . . but I have to admit I fear it may be changed quite soon to the barking dog tune!!

LOL - what a start to a Sunday morning.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you think you'll ever live to regret having THAT tune?;) Yes, although very catchy it is used for brainwashing purposes in other nations!:confused:

LOL! Mrs Dazzle,

I didn't know you could get a doorbell with that tune on.

Wonder if DH would like one? Maybe not, i think it would drive us all MAD!

Luv Audrey
xxxxxxxxx;)

I don't think I could put up with a doorbell that plays it's a small world,It would be too annoying.

LOL! Annie :D :D ......... now that's what I call devotion to Disney :)

lol :D We had a door bell that went off everytime you lit the rings on the cooker
It drove me mad I ended up cutting the wire with scissors:D
people just knock now

LOL Annie. I didn't know you could buy them with that tune. Might have to look for one of them for DH's birthday - he hates that tune!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter