Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Sat down tonight and read the whole TR! Really fantastic, Ryan. Congrats on the DC. Are all the photos in your report taken with your iPhone? If so, that's ammaaaaazing. Love, love, love it.

Sat down tonight and read the whole TR! Really fantastic, Ryan. Congrats on the DC. Are all the photos in your report taken with your iPhone? If so, that's ammaaaaazing. Love, love, love it.
Thank you! Most of the photos are my iPhone the fireworks and shows are my camera though.

I’m glad you enjoyed Bon Voyage and I really like that they bring the food to you.
That’s really cool about the van pulling up and nice to hear they could accommodate all your party.

I’m glad you enjoyed Bon Voyage and I really like that they bring the food to you.
That’s really cool about the van pulling up and nice to hear they could accommodate all your party.
It was a greta breakfast. Yeah the private ride was really cool.

Just finished binge readîng you TR. love the details and pics! I'm going for the 10K in 2019 so I was especially interested in those details. I love the variety and rarity in the characters. However, the thought of stopping and waiting in lines of 20 minutes or more during a race stresses me out! I guess it's a Disney thing that I'll just have to adjust to. :-)

I love the bon voyage breakfast update! We are doing that one in May. :D

Just finished binge readîng you TR. love the details and pics! I'm going for the 10K in 2019 so I was especially interested in those details. I love the variety and rarity in the characters. However, the thought of stopping and waiting in lines of 20 minutes or more during a race stresses me out! I guess it's a Disney thing that I'll just have to adjust to. :-)

I love the bon voyage breakfast update! We are doing that one in May. :D
Thanks! You’ll love the 10K. Yeah stopping can sometimes be stressful but planning it out and knowing how much time you have from the balloon ladies helps.

Hey look characters!

After Bon Voyage we headed into Epcot to walk around a bit and maybe do some attractions. After entering through World Showcase we headed towards Future World and noticed a character palooza going on! Donald, Eeyore, and two others I can't seem to remember were out. I had to stop for my favorite Duck!

IMG_1448JPG.jpg

rsz_img_7948.jpg

IMG_2876JPG.jpg

He was the only character we met. I kind of wish I would have gotten Eeyore as well but it is what it is. We headed for The Land to ride something we hadn't yet. Soarin'!

IMG_2276JPG.jpg

Hello there Patrick...

IMG_2277JPG.jpg

IMG_2279JPG.jpg

We waited roughly 40 minutes and played Heads Up while in line.

After Soarin' we headed for the monorail to head to the Magic Kingdom. We did stop at our room first though.

This view never got old...

IMG_2287JPG.jpg

IMG_2290JPG.jpg

Tree was still up.

IMG_2293JPG.jpg

I love the Christmas decor throughout the parks.

IMG_2294 2JPG.jpg

Up Next: Mom is that you?

Mom is that you?

We hit up a bunch of rides after that. While waiting in line (I can't remember which one) we booked a reservation for late lunch at Tony's. I was hesitant due to all the bad reviews it gets but we will save that for later.

First up was a Fastpass for Peter Pan! I never get good photos on this ride but it's always fun.

IMG_2302JPG.jpg

After that we headed over towards Ariel and rode that. Apparently I lacked taking photos this day. I must have been tired or something...

IMG_2303JPG.jpg

We took the Walt Disney World Railroad from Fantasyland around to Frontierland after that. I love the train. I could ride it for hours.

IMG_2311JPG.jpg

It was time for our reservation at Tony's after that.

IMG_2313JPG.jpg

I forgot to take photos of our food apparently. As I said earlier I was skeptical due to the poor reviews this place routinely gets. I ordered the chicken parmesan. I can't remember what everyone else ordered though. The bread served before the meal was fine but nothing special. My meal was decent. Was it the best chicken parmesan I have ever had? No. Was it the worst? No. It was average and that was okay. I'd say Tony's wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it wasn't great either. I won't rush back anytime soon but I wouldn't be opposed to eat there again either.

After that we headed towards Adventureland to ride Jungle Cruise. It was about a 40-45 minute wait. After the ride it was well worth it though.

IMG_2327JPG.jpg

IMG_2329JPG.jpg

We rode on Ganges Gertie with Skipper Gene. And let me tell ya, Skipper Gene was the best skipper I have ever had! We came off this ride crying.

IMG_2330JPG.jpg

IMG_2331JPG.jpg

IMG_2333 copyJPG.jpg

Near the end is where it got to the crying part. All trip we had this joke going that my friend Wendy was our mother. Many CMs mistook her for our mother throughout the trip and that was fine but it was our running joke. At the end of the Jungle Cruise Skipper Gene made a joke about Wendy's stare. We all died. Wendy does have an intimidating stare and that's exactly what she joked about. Gene kept going on about "our mom" and then Wendy was Gene's mom as well. As we got off the boat Gene waved and said "Bye Mom! I'm glad I found you!" We were literally crying. We all agreed it was the best Jungle Cruise ever.

After that amazing experience it was time to get a Dole Whip!

IMG_2335JPG.jpg

Simply the best...

Up Next: We cap off our final night!

I love all of your pictures from Bon Voyage!

Character training! I've only caught it once. Donald looks very impressed with your medals!

I don't think I've ever heard a story about a Jungle Cruise skipper adopting someone as their mom before. That's kind of funny.

I love all of your pictures from Bon Voyage!

Character training! I've only caught it once. Donald looks very impressed with your medals!

I don't think I've ever heard a story about a Jungle Cruise skipper adopting someone as their mom before. That's kind of funny.
Thanks!

Donald was very impress. I think you can guess which was his favorite too.

It was hilarious.

We really enjoyed Bon Voyage breakfast as well

You really did many things after all those miles you ran, wow, that is great

Looks like a fun time in MK, dole whips are yummy.

We really enjoyed Bon Voyage breakfast as well

You really did many things after all those miles you ran, wow, that is great

Looks like a fun time in MK, dole whips are yummy.
It was a great breakfast.

It’s good to keep the legs moving.

Sounds like you had a great Bon Voyage experience!! Ours was kind of sub par which was disappointing :( We never got our fruit. It took til halfway through the meal before my drink eventually showed up. I also had no idea the entrees were unlimited!? I would probably try it again because it sounds like most people don't have an experience like we did.

Love having a good skipper on the Jungle Cruise!! It makes SUCH a difference! On our Keys to the Kingdom Tour we rode without the schpiel (how do you even spell that?!) and the guide told us that those long canoes/boats with the faces on them by the headhunters are supposed to mimic Goofy, Pluto and Donald. Take a closer look and you'll see it, but definitely something you wouldn't notice otherwise!

Sounds like you had a great Bon Voyage experience!! Ours was kind of sub par which was disappointing :( We never got our fruit. It took til halfway through the meal before my drink eventually showed up. I also had no idea the entrees were unlimited!? I would probably try it again because it sounds like most people don't have an experience like we did.

Love having a good skipper on the Jungle Cruise!! It makes SUCH a difference! On our Keys to the Kingdom Tour we rode without the schpiel (how do you even spell that?!) and the guide told us that those long canoes/boats with the faces on them by the headhunters are supposed to mimic Goofy, Pluto and Donald. Take a closer look and you'll see it, but definitely something you wouldn't notice otherwise!
Interesting that your experience was sub par. I know our server was kind of slow but everything else seemed really great.

I never noticed that! I will look for it next time!

Bon Voyage sounds like a great breakfast. May have to keep that one in mind for future trips and I love all the character photos you got.

Sounds like a great Jungle Cruise and you are so right that the skipper makes all the difference on the experience.

Bon Voyage sounds like a great breakfast. May have to keep that one in mind for future trips and I love all the character photos you got.

Sounds like a great Jungle Cruise and you are so right that the skipper makes all the difference on the experience.
It really was a great breakfast and is one of my new favorites at WDW.

A good skipper definitely makes all the difference. She was fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter