"Double Disney Dream Reward Dollars"

MyDisneySig

<font color=6699FF>The Family Disney Vacation Plan
I didn't see this posted yet - I got a mailer announcing double rewards from March 15 - June 30, 2004 on SPECIFIC charges.

Here's what it says:

"Get double the rewards* through June 30, 2004 on dining, gas, grocery, utilities, insurance or wireless purchases with Disney's Visa Card."

The mailer has more info and the restrictions. I don't see it on the site, so watch the mail!

Yeah, I got it too. And I was all excited until I read the flap- It's for every dollar you spend ABOVE $850 PER MONTH!:mad:

Some "REWARD"! I wouldn't mind so much, but DH just bought a camera for $3200- if this promo was going on then, we could have cleaned up, but I've got no large expenses to make for a while now.:mad:

Originally posted by teril
mine said over $350 which is still pretty high I think....:o
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So are they geographically profiling what they think people can spend?

This disappoints me terribly!:(

Some people aren't getting them at all (like me) and it is only for specific things like gas, utilities, groceries and eating out. I'm not going to complain, I would just love to get the offer.

Autumnblue

Mine doesn't specify a dollar amount. It's double rewards for all grocery, gas, dining, insurance, utilities and wireless service payments.

The double rewards are not credited until 8-10 weeks following the end of the month in which they were earned (ie - points earned in March will be credited in June, April's will be credited in July and May's will be credited in August).

It looks like they're targeting different geographical areas as well as different spending profiles. I haven't used my card much for groceries but I charge my wireless bill to it and gasoline at the pump.

I'll have to check to see if my health insurance takes VISA payments. We are self-employed and pay 100% of our own premiums. It would be nice to get something back for what we spend.

Originally posted by mad4themouse
Mine doesn't specify a dollar amount. It's double rewards for all grocery, gas, dining, insurance, utilities and wireless service payments.

Same here. I didn't know there were different variations on the offer. I guess that explains why I didn't see anything about it on the site.

Now I wonder if these earnings count towards the yearly maximum, or if it is one of those "exceptions" mentioned in the literature.

I think I'm going to call them. I use my card A LOT I think they should be able to offer me something better than this. $850 is a bit ridiculous!

Don't know if it will get me anywhere, but I'm going to at least try.

Hmmm...we didn't get anything (that I know of--DH handles the bill). But then we use it for everything every month already and always seem to spend over $850 each month. My mom didn't mention receiving anything, and I know she doesn't spend nearly that much.

Our is for $500 which is about the same as last month's charges. I was excited until I found out that I had to spend $500 to get double rewards! :eek:

I didn't get anything yet. Was it in your bill or a separate mailer? I hope I get something because we're planning to pay for our move on that card, so the charges will add up to quite a bit!

Originally posted by perfectmatch300
I didn't get anything yet. Was it in your bill or a separate mailer? I hope I get something because we're planning to pay for our move on that card, so the charges will add up to quite a bit!

It was a seperate mailer.

I received nothing yet and I figure I won't get anything based on what I've been reading. I already charge all of these things monthly and total somewhere around $2-$3000. I am going to call though since I could easily stop charging to this card and go back to my other card to save the points for restaurant certificates. maybe I need to shake things up a bit and stop charging on it!;)

Originally posted by patsal
I received nothing yet and I figure I won't get anything based on what I've been reading. I already charge all of these things monthly and total somewhere around $2-$3000. I am going to call though since I could easily stop charging to this card and go back to my other card to save the points for restaurant certificates. maybe I need to shake things up a bit and stop charging on it!;)

I'm feeling the same way!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter