Double whammy!

ge0rgette2

DIS Veteran
Ran out of my medicine 2 nights ago - take it at bedtime (lexapro 10mg) then last night I was supposed to pickup my RX from the drugstore that the doc called in, but when my son came home his feet were hugeeeeee and swollen and he couldn't hardly walk.

In looking at his feet, they were double almost triple in size. He's 21 and a pool lifeguard, at first I thought it was major sunburn but I know he protects himself. He was out the night before at a party - stayed over his friends house and went to bed late, but when he arose from sleep yesterday morning, his feet hurt, he said. So he went to work and proceeded to feel that they were burning and itching.

We ended up at the ER last night -- turns out he must have gotten a bunch of bug bites around 48 hours ago, P.A. said and he's allergic to SOMETHING! unsure what, was given benadryl, some steroids, an anti-inflammatory --- 6 hours later we were home... but it was too late for me to get my meds, so here I type, fighting an anxiety attack. I just took a friend of mine, xanax.

Has anyone skipped their lexapro before like this .. I'm headed today to get the RX and start my pills tonight...

as for the bug bites, has anyone heard of this --- I know he's gotten bitten before or even as a child, very very odd.

His feet looked better by the time we got home, but still was in pain to walk.

WOW!!!

:hug: No advice on your meds, but hope you can get them soon. Hang in there

My son is also a lifeguard on Long Island (suffolk County). I am worried about him too with the mosquitoes and west nile. I mentioned to him if he wanted me to buy one of those raid clip on fans for him. He said he was ok for now.

Maybe your ds can asked them if they spray the area where he works, if this did happen there.

Hope you both feel better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter