Doubletree Castle anyone?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
has anyone stayed at the Doubletree Castle, or visited friends staying there before?

just wondering what kind of experience, did you like? what was good, what was bad.

i'm considering staying offsite for a few days before going onsite at the end of vacation. (oh, it'll just be me and my bf, no kids)

We stayed at the Castle last November. We were just there for one night but enjoyed the short time we were there.

The staff was very helpful, particularly Bell Services. They stored our luggage for us, stored an ECV (scooter) for my mother until the company picked it up, and even offered to carry my sleeping 7-year old nephew for me when we came in late that night! (I know how much to tip for luggage, but wasn't sure what the proper tip for a child was!)

They asked what our plans were and if we needed any recommendations for restaurants or help getting reservations.

The pool was very small but pretty (it has a fountain in the middle of it).

The decor of the hotel was very nice. We stayed in a premium turret room and it was lovely. We had been at the All Star Movies the nights before, so the room seemed huge compared to that! We had two queen beds, a dresser and chest of drawers, a desk and chair, a table and 4 chairs, and a sitting chair--and there was still plenty of room to move around. The bathroom was also nice and roomy with a double sink and vanity area separate from the tub/shower.

We did not eat at any of the restaurants or use room service while we were there.

And the best part is that they give you warm chocolate chip cookies when you check in! Yum!

Hope this helps.

how was the theming?
(i know, i love doubletree's cookies!)

does anyone happen to have pictures or know where i can find pics of this hotel?

My parents and I stayed here March 22-30 of this year!

We throughly enjoyed it very relaxing Rennaissaince themed will probably be staying there again next year everything is very accessible. Limited breakfast menu Kings,Queens, jesters breakfast's for adults and forget what they called the child's breakfast. 7.95 or 6.95 for adults. eggs or quiche with potato and fresh fruit plus juice and coffee. These were the king's and queens breakfast the Jesters' was waffles fruit and juice and coffee.

pool area was great spa, gym game room. If you go up to the 9th floor and look out the window in the laundry room or right next to it you can see over to WDW and see the high buldings of WDW such as Castle, space mountain and Contempoary, spaceship earth, TOT Earffel tower and Swan or dolphin hotel.

The is 2 terraces up on the roof too and the one to the right off the elevator you can watch the fireworks at night from MK and Epcot. I watched these for 2 nights naturrally everything is small because of the distance.

There is piped in music with 5 different types of music one has rennaisance type music including the song Camelot. then after every 5 songs it has birds singing. This is the same music you hear throught the hotel. Its great to hear the birds at first it can be confusing after awhile you don't notice it.

check out their web site at www.doubletreecastle.com

:) :) :)

We stayed at the Doubletree Castle in "95" when it first opened. We enjoyed it! The facilities are nice, We enjoyed the pool and whirl pool. It was also clean, nice and quiet. It didn't take long to get to Disney! enjoy!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter