Doubletree suites....??? are they better than a Disney Moderate ??

vacation

Mouseketeer
Are the rooms and ammenities at the DoubleTree Guest Suites comperable to the moderate Disney resorts?

I would appreciate any info that could be provided!! Thanks

That makes three of us that would like to know. ;) I would LOVE to have a suite one time at WDW.

After considerable thought, I'm going to say no. Double Tree Suites are not better than a Disney moderate. I chose to stay there when the rate was the same as a moderate. I thought that getting a suite was a better deal than staying in a standard style resort room. I was wrong. Double Tree is shabby and worn out. The dining table was rusted and the suite was noticeably damp and smelled of mold, and mildew. The employees there were very friendly, however and never posed any sort of problem or concern. Sorry for the negative response. Hope this helps in your planning.

I have to agree. Although I did not stay at the Doubletree, while in Disney in July, we had friends staying at the Doubletree in DD. This was their first trip to Disney and they wanted a little help. We were staying at the Poly, so I went to pick them up to bring them back to the Poly and show them around the monorail hotels. I was also anxious to take a look at the Doubletree, since I had considered a stay there myself. The lobby wasn't bad, and if you'e never stayed on property before, you wouldn't think anything of it. However, when I went to their room, I was very disappointed (as was my friend). It showed its age and the atmosphere was not an inviting one. That's all I can give you as far as furniture, etc. However, we haved stayed at CB before and in comparing the two, I would choose the moderate. Even with all of the cutbacks, etc., there is nothing like staying at a Disney hotel.

Good luck!!!!

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in DD last year Sept. Oh goodness...this is definitely better than CBR. The room here is a little over 600 sq ft. The room reminds me a little bit of Contemporary Resort. It is very bright and colorful. The room is super clean!! The color of the sofa bed is contemporary, the lamps are contemporary. We love the kitchennette and the dining area. The room is super clean. The service is superb!!

As soon as we hit the the front lobby, someone was ready to assist our bags. The check-in was a breeze. The kids got their goody bags from the "kid's check-in area". As soon as we got to our room, 5 minutes later, we got a phone call from the front desk to make sure that we are happy with our room and to call them if we need anything. We did needed a crib (my DD was about 19 mo at that time) so we called the front desk, 10 minutes later, the man brought the full size crib and fixed the sheets.

Everyone there are very nice and friendly and always asking if we needed anything. We didn't use their bus cause we had our rental car. We didn't eat there either so I can't comment on that. I know they have kid's club. We swam at their pool. We thought the pool is very nice. Even the kiddie pool was very nice, it has a fountain in the middle. I enjoyed their two hammocks by the pool. The playground was big enough for kids to run around.

Over all, I would give this hotel--Two Thumbs Up!! Very clean, very roomy, the furnitures are in excellent condition and contemporary style and the service was excellent!! We paid $115 for one night before we hit ASMo, but after CBR. So I can compare all those three. Would we go back to this hotel again, sure we would!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter