dream a little dream....together?

sherilaine

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

First off I hope that everyone is safe and doing well during all of this crazy dysphoric time we are living within.

I thought maybe it would be fun to share some great memories or what we'd look forward to.

My daughter told me today there was some post on tic toc that went something like "I got 99 problems but standing in line for Space Mountain while my fast pass to Indiana Jones just opened up, holding a churo in one hand and some popcorn in the other would take away 97 of them...."

So I'll start....I would love to be right up against the gate, magic morning Saturday, 7AM, sun shining, wearing shorts and t-shirts and sunglasses waiting to head to Space soon as we get into the parks. (it is currently -25F in Calgary Alberta right now). Then we will maybe head down the Matterhorn, take a trip through Star Tours and then head over to see what Dr. Jones has gotten himself into. Just the smell, the feel of the warmth, the sensation of relaxation that comes with the entire experience flowing over us. What was normal feels so taken for granted.

So what is your go back to moment - what would you love to relive - let's have a chat and share!

An early morning in New Orleans Square before the crowds get heavy is high on my list. Always loved those early mornings with light crowds.

DSC_9381%20(Large).jpg

My Disney days always start with Princess Anna's quote, "The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play!" I am soooooo ready to play in the parks!

We've got a trip coming up with our soon-to-be 7yo grandson, so we've had a lot of daydreaming lately. We've taken his 2 older brothers, so it's his turn. He's been my buddy since the day he was born. It's a different bond than I have with the older two. No better, no worse, just different. He's been the one who never wants to be put down, always on my hip or in my arms, always right.next.to.me, who always chooses me if his mom isn't available (or when he's sick). I'm looking forward to the awe and wonder he will experience. Hot cocoa and donuts for breakfast, ice cream for lunch. Dinner at "fancy" places (kid loves eating out at sit-down restaurants, though he's never willing to try anything new, he's excited to get to dress up a little and be all "grown up" for River Bell Terrace or Blue Bayou). Princesses and princess things all around; he's going to be in love with all fanfare around royalty! He's still deciding if he wants to do Bibbibi Bobbidi Boutique, so we may get to do that for the first time too. Ringing the bell on the fire truck driving down Main Street. And getting to go in a submarine. He's totally enamored with the idea that Mickey Mouse can shoot fireworks out of his fingers at night time (Fantasmic). "Real, live" elephants on the Jungle Cruise.... Just can't wait to be back at the parks, watching him discover it all, just as we've done with his older brothers (and will do with his younger cousins in the upcoming years).

He also loves getting his picture taken, so we'll have tons of video and stills of his adventures. I'm seriously considering strapping a Go Pro on him so he has a record of what it all looked like from his eye level.

An early morning in New Orleans Square before the crowds get heavy is high on my list. Always loved those early mornings with light crowds.

DSC_9381%20(Large).jpg
the calm of early morning in NOS is severely underrated. I jetted over one morning to grab beignets while a friend was in line for Peter Pan and I really need to make more of an effort to chill and enjoy the morning in NOS. It's hard to ignore the shorter waits for lines but I think at least once a trip a slow morning in NOS will be on the schedule.

Strolling through the parks in the mornings and watching all the baby ducks. We love baby duck season at Disney.
Warm summers walking in the park with ice cream.
Getting in the parks first thing and heading over to tomorrowland to catch Space. Listening to Main Street music and checking out the pins along the way.
Then also, Disney at night. With the tree lights on, fireworks (it may be awhile for this). The parks seem to take on a different kind of magic at night.

Being in the first set of people to ride Guardians, then running around and getting right back in line before the wait times climb. Being in the first wave to be let into Toontown (when with smaller kids) and running to see Mickey or ride Gadget's Go Coaster with no wait. Riding the carousel late at night when Fantasyland is all lit up. That mad dash to get in one last ride before official closing time. I love the first hour and the last hour of each day. It can be such a rush! Being in the first set of people to ride Guardians, then running around and getting right back in line before the wait times climb.

Last edited:
A few that come to mind...
Rounding the corner onto Main Street at rope drop.
Riding Space Mountain first! Forever and always my favorite Disney ride.
Fantasyland in the morning.
Hearing that Matterhorn music while waiting in line. I adore that ride.
Walking across the water over to Pixar Pier.
Sitting inside Animation Academy for an afternoon break.
Riding Guardians and cracking up the whole time.
Walking around Disneyland at night - to me, it's so much more magical at night.

Too many amazing memories/things to both miss and look forward to!

According to the local news it was -12* in Oklahoma City this morning w/about a foot of snow in the yard. Another 8" of snow on the way tonight. Yeah, okay, you guessed it? I miss shorts and Disneyland! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter