DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Trip report link!

Day 1, June 27
„Hurry up“ - Part 2

They even had honoured our request of a higher floor and were on the top floor.
So we quickly went outside, grabbed our luggage and went to the elevator to find our room. A few minutes later we had found it and were amazed. The room, even though it showed some wear and tear, was clean and nice with a kitchen, a living room, restroom and bunk beds on the lower floor

and a small master bedroom and bathroom on the upper floor.

And after taking some photos we headed back down to the car and drove over to the Val d’Europe shopping center to do some shopping for essentials at the Auchan supermarket. And after picking up some baguettes, cold cuts, cheeses, spreads and drinks we got in line for the check-out. Well, and even though there were only 3 people in line ahead of us, it took FOREVER to check out. It was past 10pm when we were finally back in our hotel and set out to have our very late dinner.

By then we were actually starving. The sandwich which we had had about 5 hours earlier did not hold us over well. So we dug in and stuffed ourselves silly with all those goodies before we called it a day around midnight and finally fell into bed.

To be continued .....

Ugh, too bad they couldn't give you the correct info the first time you called. Everything would have been perfect. But glad you were still able to make things work.

Wow, it seems that your travel day went very smoothly! That's always nice when things work out like that.

That is a very nice room you have! So is that an apartment or condo? Is the price comparable to a hotel room?

I know i've said this before, but I LOVE the way you and Tom eat. Such a gorgeous spread of foods and goodies:)

Welcome back Karin
I may skip over certain bits of your TR so I don't get too much info ahead of setting off to Paris myself :-)

Too bad the planning segment of this trip was so up in the air, but the travel there certainly was uneventful.

Love you late dinner and your really cool lodging! Bring on DLP! :cool1:

That is quite the little apartment!

Do you do rock paper scissors to determine who gets the bunk and who has to go upstairs but has the bigger bed? Pro's and cons to each for sure.

YAY for the Tom Tom redirect, I can only imagine how late your night would have been otherwise.

Sounds like your trip got off to a great start! I am guessing that Tom must have been exhausted at the end of that very long travel day. At least you had an awesome room to rest up in before you hit the park the next day. :teeth:

The place you stayed looks really nice. And, in typical Karin fashion, you are making me hungry with all the food pictures. I bet you guys were starving after the long day.

Hope all is well with you! Haven't seen you on in a bit. Summer is keeping you and Tom busy huh?! :goodvibes

Vacation greetings to all our DISfriends

(thanks Jen for having my back!)

We are still cruising the Med on the Magic and while we are having a fun time, I have to admit that the Magic comes in last in our ranking of the Disney vessels.
They STILL have not completely solved the “pipe” problems. First purchase in our first port of call – airfreshener, as the bathroom has a faint sewer smell – we are on deck 7, friends on deck 2 have the same problem. We already had a leaking air conditioner and Ellen, brace yourself, they ran out of Moet Ice. Well, not only the Moet Ice, but the Taittinger Rose and the Moet Imperial as well. They ran out of O’Gill’s beer and several other things, even though they are happily selling the O’Gill’s mugs. The only English/Irish beer comes in a can.
We are giving the Magic another shot in March, when we are sailing a Western Caribbean, but otherwise we will happily stick with the newer ships.

Rant over, just wanted to share a few impressions of our vacation too.

Barcelona:

Villefranche:

La Spezia (Cinque Terre):

Rome:

Athens:

Kusadasi:

Going to Mykonos tomorrow.
We will be home for just three days starting on August 8, then off to Paris (DLP, that is…..) for another ten nights. Hope to be able to update SOON!!!!!!!!!!

Loving the pictures!
Too bad the Magic isn't Magical for you. Luckily I haven't had a bad smelling room, but I have heard others had that issue.

I am amazed they ran out of certain beverages.....that seems odd...unless you guys are drinking more than your share.... :lmao: :thumbsup2

I'm glad you are having a great time. I have to say though I'm a bit disappointed about the state of the Magic. I board the Magic in 49 days for the Southern Caribbean cruise...I hope they get provisions restocked by then! I'm adding air freshener to my packing list.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and your trip to DLP!

Jill in CO

Eek, we are sailing on the Magic for the first time next June
It's the only ship we've not sailed on
We will be sure to pack air-freshner!

Guess what we found in Mykonos today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippie, independent from what Disney has to offer (means, what they have not run out of - before we went on board :rotfl2: Jen!)

I have to admit that it was a "different" kind of vacation for us ..... not quite what we had expected it to be.

There were HIGHS and there were lows, but all in all it was a nice vacation with lots of new impressions.

Here are a few more pics from our trip ...........

Mykonos

Pirate night

Malta

Back to Barcelona

We then returned home for a three night break before we set out for the next part of this vacation ......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter