Driving in WDW

sigafoos

Mouseketeer
We are staying one night at ASM after a 7-day Magic cruise in March. I think we will rent a car at the port to drive to WDW and drop it off at MCO when we fly out Sunday at 5pm. We have used the bus transportation on our other visits and I wonder what it is like to drive to the parks. Is it really faster than the busses? We are trying to hit our favorites in the limited time we have, how is parking and finding the parks? Do we get to park for free as resort guests? Also if we go to DD at night is it better to drive or take the bus, I don't remember seeing any parking lots there.
Thanks!
Kim:p

Parking is free since you are staying onsite. If you will be park hopping then it is faster to drive from park to park. It is always faster to drive to DTD. There are parking lots and they are easy to find. You can pick up a WDW transportation map when you check into your hotel.

Driving is almost always faster...except PERHAPS for the MK. When driving to the MK, you'll need to park at the TTC. Then it's either a boat or monorail to the MK. On a Disney bus, you'll be let off at the park area itself.
But for the other 3 parks, driving is faster.
You do get to park for free as a Resort guest.
And DD does have a parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter