Driving to Disney

snowman1035

Mouseketeer
Is there anyone who will be driving to Disney August 22/23? We leave the Poconos at around 1:00am and drive straight through. DH is a truckdriver and doesn't mind the drive. Well if anyone will be driving 95 on those days look for our Mickey heads in the windows! Be sure to honk!!

Is there anyone who will be driving to Disney August 22/23? We leave the Poconos at around 1:00am and drive straight through. DH is a truckdriver and doesn't mind the drive. Well if anyone will be driving 95 on those days look for our Mickey heads in the windows! Be sure to honk!!

We'll be leaving sometime on the 23rd from the coast of Virginia. We;re planning on stopping in Savannah though. We've done the drive straight through and don't really want to do that this time.. i'm using my hotel points to stay for free, so that will work out pretty good.

Have to remember to put our AGMHs on the windows before we set out.. maybe we;ll see you on the road.. have a safe trip to the world. :D

:moped:

Have a safe trip. The trip down 95 is so easy, we love to drive to Disney, but we have had great luck with airfare out of Philly with Southwest. Enjoy your vacation!

Have a safe trip. The trip down 95 is so easy, we love to drive to Disney, but we have had great luck with airfare out of Philly with Southwest. Enjoy your vacation!

I'm still hoping for a late breaking Ding for late august and scrap the whole idea of driving... but that's really only going to happen with some incredible rate which I don't see happpening.. there are 4 of us and flying out of Norfolk VA, would just be way to expensive.

And yes you are right.. the drive down 95 is a breeze..

Snowman,

We are leaving on June 13 at about 8pm from the MA/RI border. First time driving to Disney. To top it off we will be towing our camper and doing the drive with 3 young children. I'm hoping to make it to GA on the 14th, spend the night and then finish the trip on the 15th. If you have done the ride before how long has it taken you and are you totally exhausted when you get there?

MY DH, DD, and I are leaving from the Wilkes-Barre area a week after you (8/29-30). We don't mind the drive. Our goal each trip is to drive to the GA state line. We usually take 81 to 66 then 17 and pick up I95 in Fredricksburg, VA.

With gas stops, 2 meal stops and 4 hrs sleep for M and D, it takes us about 22.5 hours.

MY DH, DD, and I are leaving from the Wilkes-Barre area a week after you (8/29-30). We don't mind the drive. Our goal each trip is to drive to the GA state line. We usually take 81 to 66 then 17 and pick up I95 in Fredricksburg, VA.

With gas stops, 2 meal stops and 4 hrs sleep for M and D, it takes us about 22.5 hours.

WOW.. remind me not to complain about the 13 hours it takes us.. assuming I start the trip in the evening and drive all through the night while the kiddies sleep...

Snowman,

We are leaving on June 13 at about 8pm from the MA/RI border. First time driving to Disney. To top it off we will be towing our camper and doing the drive with 3 young children. I'm hoping to make it to GA on the 14th, spend the night and then finish the trip on the 15th. If you have done the ride before how long has it taken you and are you totally exhausted when you get there?

We leave our home at 1:00AM and we are in Orlando by 6:00pm. You have to remember that DH is a truckdriver! Doesn't know what speed limit means! No, he drives about 75mph. We only stop to use the restrooms and walk around for a bit and then back in the truck. We take a cooler with food and drinks which also save us from stopping. He makes us do what we gotta do and then hits the road again! It takes us 16-18 hours total for the trip.

Wow, you aren't far from us! Wouldn't it be easier for you to pick up the Northeast Extension and then 95? When I drove down with my sister we took 17 to 95 and that is nice, you can also avoid alot of rush hour traffic by going that way. Be safe driving and have a wonderful time in Disney. We are taking grandson who is 2 for his first trip and we are so looking forward to it. Actually DH thinks I went overboard this time!

Snowman,

We are leaving on June 13 at about 8pm from the MA/RI border. First time driving to Disney. I'm hoping to make it to GA on the 14th, spend the night and then finish the trip on the 15th.

See you on the Road! We are leaving from St. Louis, MO on the 13th and plan on spending the night in Macon, GA before arriving on Saturday the 14th.
:moped:

Wow, you aren't far from us! Wouldn't it be easier for you to pick up the Northeast Extension and then 95? When I drove down with my sister we took 17 to 95 and that is nice, you can also avoid alot of rush hour traffic by going that way. Be safe driving and have a wonderful time in Disney. We are taking grandson who is 2 for his first trip and we are so looking forward to it. Actually DH thinks I went overboard this time!

I read your response and asked my DH about going the northeast ext, but he just said 'yeah we could go that way and then changed the subject.' I guess since we've gone via 17 the last few years, he doesnt want to change. Men!
Your grandon will love it. Our DD was 2 1/2 for our trip last year and she had a great time! Barnstormer, IASW, Dumbo and Peter Pan were must do's ever time we went to MK. The only thing was she didn't care for the fireworks. They were too loud for her.
overboard? - You can never go overboard. enjoy your trip!

I read your response and asked my DH about going the northeast ext, but he just said 'yeah we could go that way and then changed the subject.' I guess since we've gone via 17 the last few years, he doesnt want to change. Men!
Your grandon will love it. Our DD was 2 1/2 for our trip last year and she had a great time! Barnstormer, IASW, Dumbo and Peter Pan were must do's ever time we went to MK. The only thing was she didn't care for the fireworks. They were too loud for her.
overboard? - You can never go overboard. enjoy your trip!

When you are used to going a certain way it is hard to change! I just can't wait to see our grandson face when he see Disney for the first time! The only thing I am worried about is him being afraid of the characters. We went to Great Adventure 2 weeks ago and he wanted nothing to do with the characters. I am hoping papa will be able to get him with the characters to take pictures.

We leave central NJ around 3 am and stop at savanha GA around 8 pm thats pulling a 32 foot trialer and stopping about every 3 hrs for fuel and potty breaks for DW and dogs then the trip to disney from there is cake the only problems are around richmond if you hit it during rush hr and jacksonville can be rough also but other wise 95 is easy there is lots of easy off and on's so there is no problem getting food or fuel have a safe and fun trip

We are driving from Kent Island, MD on the 19th and hope to arrive around lunch time on the 20th. We are getting massages after we arrive to get into vacation mode after driving 15 hrs with 2 kids in the back seat. We can't wait! I am on Disney count down!:cool1:

You have to leave early to get around the rush hour traffic. I told DH we are going to leave earlier if he plans on stopping at all the Harley dealerships between here and Disney! Last time I counted 10! He always wanted to stop at all of them and the kids and I said we can't waste time, so this might be the year we will have to give in. God help us if he really does it!

Hi neighbor!:goodvibes We will be driving down this Friday! We always drive as I hate flying.:worried: We usually drive overnight also, but this trip we are stopping in Charleston, SC. I always want to get there as quick as I can.:laughing: (Well, I guess as quick as I can in a car.;)) The kids are great and they just sleep the night away.

Have a safe trip when you go!

I am thinking about letting the kiddos paint Mickey heads on the van windows, are there any draw backs?:confused3

I am thinking about letting the kiddos paint Mickey heads on the van windows, are there any draw backs?:confused3

I think that is a great idea! You could do the Mickey heads and maybe let them each pick a ride that they like and write that on there as well. I don't think there is any draw backs. I would just make sure you used that stuff from the auto stores that allow you to do that. Great idea!!:yay:

We are driving down in Oct from the Lehigh Valley. Just be mindful of the police in VA.....they are BRUTAL (speaking from experience from our WDW return home trip...got a nice fat ticket!).

Wishin our trip was much closer than 4.5 months!

Will be driving in July from NJ. We have gone straight through with kids sleeping. Coming home we hit no traffic at all and did 16 hours straight. We left POR at 11:00am and arrived home to be in our beds by 3:00am. If you hit construction traffic or rush hour/holiday traffic it can be brutal.

Have a safe trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter