Drop off checked luggage, then shuttle?

GenieDana

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide what is best to do...

I'll (we'll) be staying at the Radisson before our cruise in June, and will be parking our cars at the hotel for the duration with the cars of the other families in our group.

Would it be better for DH to take the tagged luggage to the terminal and drop it off before our shuttle from the Radisson? He could then return and park the car to ride the Radisson shuttle with the rest of us a little less burdened?

- or -

Drag all the luggage with us on the Radisson shuttle to the terminal?

- or -

Drop the family and luggage off at the terminal first, then return to the Radisson to park and ride the shuttle by himself?

Any opinions, experiences?

Second Question:
How much time will he need to get to the port, check-in the luggage and return so we can plan our shuttle reservation time if that is what you recommend?

Question 3:
When do the gates open to the port?

Finally:
When does DCL begin accepting tagged, check-in luggage?

Thanks,

Dana

I will have DH drop me, kids, AND luggage at the port. Then, he will return the car alone and I'll be in the checkin line. I don't like my kids on the shuttles without carseats, so they get dropped with me and the luggage.

I agree with Ready. We have done this 2X and it worked out fine. DH was able to get a shuttle very quickly because he was a "party of one" and had no luggage. We did the same thing in reverse when we got back. DH hopped on the shuttle while I waited with the kids and the luggage.

so what we did...we drove the rental car first to the port (about 10am) showed our tickets to get past security and checked all bags (except one carry on each) curbside. We then drove to the radisson to return the rental car (avis is right there) and hopped on the shuttle and were back at the pier in a half hour or so. This worked very well and we will use this plan again in December

We do the same thing....hubby drops us and the luggage off at the terminal first. I start checking us in at the desk and hubby returns the rental and hops the shuttle to the port. Much easier.

FYI....I would not hold too much faith in the ressie times for the shuttle. I have seen it on numerous times when there is a mass herding to hop on the shuttle. The drivers do not read names off a list or anything...people just start getting on whether they had a ressie or not. I do not know why they even bother taking names because they do not refer to any list. It is pretty much a free for all.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter