Drug Testing

ralfsk8

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

Great forum you guys have here. Great community with a lot of advice and support. Anyway, I was recently accepted into the Spring 2013 Disney College Program term with the job of Bell Services. My question is this, after I pay my program fees, is there an initial drug test? Or do they only test on the job if there is suspicion?

Thank You

That's a good start. Anyone here do the college program recently that can give me some input?

My son is currently on the CP as a lifegaurd. He was drug tested day one right after he left casting. His roommate who is working in transportation was also selected for drug testing. Not sure how or why they were chosen, there were other roles being tested too.

I was Main Entrance Spring 2011. I was never drug tested and never knew anyone that was.

I have no real answer, but judging by whats been said it seems that if your role has a direct involvement with customer safety you're more likely to be tested.

If you drive vehicles they'll drug test you. Or lifeguards. I don't know if they count the bell hop pargos as vehicles or not.

They do random drug testing. No drugs . . . No worry.

If it's prescription drugs, let them know in advance and they'll add it to your file. CP's have been sent home for drugs and/or alcohol violations.

Good Luck and Enjoy your time as a CP!

I did 3 programs and was never tested. My friend, however, texted me the other day that security stormed into their break room the other day and tested every person in there (all in attractions, but a shared break room).

Unrelated note.. Since you'll work in resorts, you don't normally go through bag check at work like you would at the parks, but they do check randomly when you're clocking out. I saw many CPs get termed on the spot for stealing toilet paper from work :confused3 Don't pull anything stupid :thumbsup2

Security doesn't do drug tests. Drug tests are done by leadership in the department. Usually by calling the people in, and then they're taken to CentraCare, on the clock. And then returned to work. I've never heard of security being involved unless somebody's being terminated.

This is all great information. The role I was offered was Bell Services Dispatch/Greeter. Can anyone tell me if that role requires a drug test? And if so, is the drug test required after submitting the program fees?

Thank You

I haven't been drug tested at Aulani and in all honesty if you're not doing anything you really shouldn't worry about being tested.

This is all great information. The role I was offered was Bell Services Dispatch/Greeter. Can anyone tell me if that role requires a drug test? And if so, is the drug test required after submitting the program fees?

Thank You

I really hope that you are joking about this!!!

Hope this thread is still alive but I will be custodial this spring 2013 and i have heard from some people that they do drug test and from the other half that they don't. I just want to know for sure if they do i am tired of yes and nos. Also, if you do get tested, is it on check in day or on your training?

I've worked attractions, attractions/water parks, & main entrance (parking/trams) & never got tested. However, the newer cp's said they were tested the day they arrived or whenever they did casting. & if you were an extended CP, the managers were calling people before their shifts to let them know they'd be getting a pee test that day at work. I somehow slipped through the cracks because I never got said call. Some of my roommates said they were selected randomly at casting. I've been told that if you're responsible for any transportation (not including pargos) you WILL get drug tested.

You're very brave to post this here haha, no judgement from me. But it's Disney! What a wonderful reason to stop smoking.pixiedust:

Disney does not do drug testing. Obviously, it's not wise to use drugs while you're employed by a fortune 100 company because if you get caught you will be terminated. Best of luck with your PI.

Disney does not do drug testing. Obviously, it's not wise to use drugs while you're employed by a fortune 100 company because if you get caught you will be terminated. Best of luck with your PI.

This is not true. Disney does do drug testing. My daughter had to get a drug test the day she checked in this past Aug. for Fall 2012. She ended up being a driver on the Kilimanjaro Safari. I think it depends on your role.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter