DSM half marathon

RuntheMouse

DIS Veteran
ETA: I made the decision to register so disregard the following! Thanks though!

@GollyGadget what do you know about the DSM half marathon? I’m thinking about a last minute trip for this one with my race last weekend getting cancelled. The weather is swaying me!

Is it as flat as I think it will be? Do you know well it is run? This is so last minute I don’t want to run into a mess. I have the advantage of being very familiar with DSM after living there but I literally haven’t run there ever.

Last edited:
The half is very flat! I’m pretty sure there’s an elevation chart on the website if you want actual details. There’s of course a few small hills but nothing super notable. Note that my opinion may change when I’m running it next Sunday 🤣

I’ve only ran the race once before and it was back in 2011 😮. Most of what I remember is being undertrained and some guy telling me about the flood of 93 as we ran through water works. The race has a good reputation so I think it’s fairly well run.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I live very close to the course and run parts of the route quite often.

Disclaimer to anyone running/interested in the marathon: it is not flat. The second half shares the course with the half so at least the back half is easier. 🫣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter