Dudley Do-Right's Rip Saw Falls

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
Does anyone here NOT like D.D. Falls! When I first went on it I was terrified!!! All the other water/flume rides have seat restraints liek Jurassic Park so you don't fall out when you go down the hill. But when I got into the boat there was nothing around but a metal railing going parell to the side. Well I gripped onto whatever I could find like a cat going into water! For the entire time on the ride I was so scared that the slope would throw me out of my seat!!! But that's not all. The ride almost gave me whiplash from hitting the boat in front of me. Has anyone had as bad as an experience on this blasted ride as I have?

Actually that is why I like the attraction so much, now the whiplash I could do without. :lol

Me too. I personally love everything about the ride. The queue, themeing, and ride. It was described as a 2nd rate Splash Mountain (even though Splash is better) I think that this is a wonderful attraction that hopefully I will get to ride more of in 1 week (if the doubles line is operating my fingers are crossed).

On a recent trip, I rode Ripsaw Falls one day and Splash Mountain the other. I didn't realize both of them had similar layouts. The main difference is that Ripsaw Falls' last drop is more exciting than Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain has better theming, though.

I was a bit concerned at first, but I was having such a great time, that I plain plum forgot about it. But now that I think about it, a bit scary. Still had a great time though. :)

I love flume rides however I'd be a bit hesitant to ride on this one again due to the way the logs stop so suddenly. Boy my back hurt after that ride. I too felt uncomfortable in the seat.
Funny thing was at the time I was wearing a rain poncho and it blew over my face just as we were going over the final drop. I must have looked like an idiot going down the slope :rolleyes: :o LOL

I felt that EXACT same feeling. AND THAT'S WHY I LOVED IT! I felt real fear, which alot of rides dont give with all the restraints and what-not. I put my arms up going down the hill, and I felt myself start to lift up out of the seat, and I grabbed for the bar and hung on for dear life. I personally enjoyed it alot more than splash mountain. I rode it at night, and when the train came I ducked because I thought it would hit me, then I hit that hill. That ride was like my 2nd favorite of the night, and its one of those rides you NEED to ride on at night. And definately hold on tight.

actually on my last trip probably my 6 or 7th time there i found out that that log had a hand rail!

I actually like the drops on Dudley but the themeing is horrible. Most of the time you cannot hear anything the characters are saying and there isn't much to the themes to begin with. It looks as if Universal spent about a day constructing those horrible cardboard pinups and stuck them up as fast as they could. It just amazes me how well DD is and Popeye. Then you get to this. Horrible. This must of been a last minute ride and in order to get it up they did a quick job. Theming, I feel, is a huge part of a ride. If you don't do it right then you need to fix it. Close this ride down again, and this time make it a ride that can compete with Splash Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter