Dumb question/s...but I gotta ask

gparr

Mouseketeer
I booked a 3 day weekend at my home resort for November. The wife wants to add another night but there are no nights available. I can go to the ole standby - SSR - and get the 4 nights no problem...which brings me to the questions...

Can/should I book SSR for the 4 nights and keep the other reservation and waitlist the 4th night? Then cancel one of the reservations 31 days out?

Yes. This way if you don’t get it, you can have a 4 night stay in one place!

If you have the points to reserve both, you can. However, you might want to book the second one with a different lead name, assuming your wife is also a member. There were reports a few years ago that if the names on the reservation are identical with the same lead member DVC would cancel what appeared to be a duplicate reservation. Not sure if that is still true.

Yes, but be aware if you are pulling those points from a different use year, into this one,to make that then they won't be able to go back into that year provided that rev. doesn't come through.

If you have the points to reserve both, you can. However, you might want to book the second one with a different lead name, assuming your wife is also a member. There were reports a few years ago that if the names on the reservation are identical with the same lead member DVC would cancel what appeared to be a duplicate reservation. Not sure if that is still true.
Great point. Will do that!

Yes, but be aware if you are pulling those points from a different use year, into this one,to make that then they won't be able to go back into that year provided that rev. doesn't come through.
Thanks...all the points from the same use year and same account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter