DVC Annual Meeting 2020

lopo

Mouseketeer
Greetings! I just realized that I shall be at WDW on Dec 10, the day of this year's condo meeting (at the Contemporary.) I have never considered attending because I was never on site for any of the previous years' meetings. Is there any benefit to attending? In the past, I simply relied on reports from folks who did attend (and I do not know any of them personally so, basically, I guess I was relying on their perceptions.) Frankly, I am surprised that they are having an in-person meeting. I thought that it would be virtual. Thoughts?

I have been to maybe 3 annual meetings, and will be there for this year’s and have signed up. I find it interesting to hear what topics members ask about. It‘s not that we have a voice, we don’t vote, but I like hearing what’s going on regarding rehabs.

Last year I really wanted to hear what they were going to say about the point charts that they rolled out and then took back after the outcry. They did mention something, but what I don’t remember exactly. Now they are putting in more seasons.

If you have the time, especially this year when so much of the usual park things aren’t happening, I would go to see it.

Thank you, bobbiwoz. Duh! I was signing up to attend and, answering the last question about the resort I was staying at, when I realized that I was staying at Vero Beach so I would not be on site. I am staying a BWV in November and had completely forgotten I reserved Vero in Dec. It'll be my first stay at VB. We were supposed to be on a DC out of Miami (canceled) and, instead of canceling the whole trip, we decided to go to VB. But, thank you for your response. Maybe next year . . .

I personally wasn't expecting a credit of any substantial amount for 2020 dues. This chart was actually more than I expected...

I'm waiting for a contact to finish processing, will these credits go to me or the previous owner?

I personally wasn't expecting a credit of any substantial amount for 2020 dues. This chart was actually more than I expected...

The resorts were closed for several months so many reductions in operating expenses. I hadn't done any pre-calculating but didn't find it at all surprising. Possibly a little less than expected but close enough.

I'm wondering that as well. Just waiting for closing documents myself.

They stated the credit is going to be applied to the 2021 dues so if you purchased resale then you as the new contract owner will receive it. If you are a direct purchaser than it will be prorated and applied to your 2021 dues if applicable.

I'm waiting for a contact to finish processing, will these credits go to me or the previous owner?

Closing in December usually require the buyer to pay 2021 dues at closing so I would assume it will be reflected there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter