• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Annual pass or Florida Resident

steves100

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Very soon will be relocating to Florida. Is better to get a Florida annual pass or DVC, I know the gold is the same amount, is silver worth it?

Hi,

Very soon will be relocating to Florida. Is better to get a Florida annual pass or DVC, I know the gold is the same amount, is silver worth it?
Depends on your travel patterns once you live there. I might be inclined to buy the less expensive with its restrictions and see if it works for you. If not, you can trade it in and pay the upgrade to one that works better b

The last few years we have purchased the silver, and have been very happy with it.
It’s more than enough.
Our passes expire this month and we will likely get the Epcot after 4 pass. We can always upgrade if needed.

Forgot to add... depending on your work schedule or if you’re retired, one of the weekday passes may work well for you.
As a resident you will see many options open to you.
Can’t go wrong as you can always upgrade. Pick the cheapest you’ll need and go from there.
As I said earlier, for us it’s either the silver or Epcot after 4.

I'm not a Florida resident, maybe someday, but an after 4 pass, or even the newer (available to everyone) after noon tickets, would never work for me. I'm an early morning person when I'm going somewhere. I'm up early even when I go to the San Antonio zoo, I usually get there before they open. But it is great that FL residents have so many options. I would still probably stick with my Gold pass.

Last edited:
Forgot to add... depending on your work schedule or if you’re retired, one of the weekday passes may work well for you.
As a resident you will see many options open to you.
Can’t go wrong as you can always upgrade. Pick the cheapest you’ll need and go from there.
As I said earlier, for us it’s either the silver or Epcot after 4.

Nope starting a new job so the non weekend wont work too well. Thanks

Hi,

If you get the FL Resident version, you can take advantage of the (no interest) monthly payment plan.

Our next ticket will probably be the weekday pass. We seldom go on Sat and Sun. Nobody who lives in Florida goes during the summer months because the heat and humidity is awful. Easter and Christmas are too busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter