DVC/DIS MEET: Michigan: post your preferences here!!

kamgen

DIS Veteran
Well, plans are under way for a Michigan DVC/DIS meet! Prncssjas and I are working together to get things started, so here goes!

On the other thread we have gotten some feedback, now we need more!!

We are debating between Rainforest Cafe at Great Lakes Crossing (they are capable of working with us to accomodate a lot of people) or an outdoor meet.

Tentative date: August 5

We need your TIME and LOCATION preferences!

Hope to hear from you!!! :bounce:

Kamgen

Check out my page:
http://gennaroworld.topcities.com

Sorry, but we also need to get a headcount.

Please include the number of people who may be attending

Family & Friends welcome!! :)

Hey Kamgen...co-coordinator! ;)

I vote for Rainforest Cafe because of the indoor stability (ie, we won't have to worry if it rains and we ALL know how unpredictiable MI weather is! LOL!) PLUS it would feel like we were eating at the Marketplace! YAH!

We would be a party of 3 (DH, myself and my little brother).

Now...for second choice, I am more than willing to do an outdoor thing. I know that The University of Michigan-Dearborn grounds are nice here and we could look into getting some space here. Maybe the Henry Ford Estate?? I don't know...

Can't wait to see everyone.:D

We will have 2 and possible 2 more. RFC will work I know what you said about the Michigan weather, but the outside that would give alot more room to mill around. Also you would not tied to a special time frame.;)

I think our vote would have to be for RFC. There would be 2, possibly 4. I was just out to RFC for lunch today and spoke with our server about parties. She gave me the name and # of the gal that coordinates events there. The sounds of an outdoor event would be nice, but what about the weather? How would we do the food thing? Would it be pot luck? BYOpicnic?? August 5th would be a good date for us, too! Keep us updated!:earsboy:

Hi Everyone,

Count us in for August 5th. The time doesn't matter to us. We are a family of 4 (myself, DH, DD - 6, DS - 4).

I am all in favor of RFC. However, if we have to sit at a table, we will never get a chance to talk to everyone. My immediate family went out to dinner on Sunday. There were 12 of us. Yesterday, my mom was telling me about the vacation my brother just set up for his family to Aruba. I asked her how she knew about this. She said it was all he talked about at dinner on Sunday! We were at one end of the table and he was at the other and we missed the entire conversation!

Would RFC be able to put us in our own "room"? That way we can stand around and mingle when we aren't eating? That would be great!

Anyway, we are open to anything. However it works out is fine with us. If you guys need any more help organizing things, email me. I would be glad to help out!

Lisa
lisarigg@mediaone.net

RFC is willing to work with us. They do not have "rooms" but can give us our own section.
They will not do one long table, but section us off at a few smaller tables so we can mingle and talk.

Still hoping for more responses.

So far it looks like RFC on August 5 around 11 or noon.

(RFC said we will get better service and more "quiet" if we come earlier in the day)

Hope more Michiganders post here!!

Kamy :jester:

Kamy, just how many people can RFC accomodate? When I was there yesterday our server told us that they try to do the school groups earlier (10ish) and that way they don't take up as much room. They do open at 11 so that might be the way to go. Either way I will still go. I really don't hink that DH will go..he isn't as addicted as I am. Not sure if I will bring the kids (6,3). If they knew I was going there without them they would come unglued, but by keeping them home it will give me more of a chance to enjoy MYSELF and not worry about their whereabouts!! So it will either be 1 or 3 for me!! Looking forward to this!

Just let me know where to meet everyone and I will be there - possibly DH and DD and her DH will tag along but me for sure. That's one weekend that I am in town. Hope to see you all there!:earsgirl:

How about someplace more convenient for everyone in the LP. Lansing, maybe. We are from the west side and would love to come, but a 2 1/2 drive there and then back is too much for 3 kids. I am sure you would get a better turn out if the drive was short for more people.

I would personally vote for an outdoor event. You can mingle better and you do not have to fight with the noise of a restaurant. Just my opinion.

I must be the farthest north here in Cadillac. But I have "college shopping" to do with #2DS so I may be able to work a weekend out of it, so long as I can get back up north early evening.

We had one at the Food court at Great Lakes Crossing. There was a lot of room and people could decide to eat or not. I thought it worked out well. RFC can be a little pricey. Plus we weren't disturbing anyone else.

Hi Kurt,
I remember you - I was there also and I think a good time was had by all. Wonder if Wendy will come by.

It's a bit of a drive to the RFC from Battle Creek but I may be able to swing it if work permits.

Thanks everyone for responding. I appreciate all of your input and ideas. We really want this to be a great chance to meet!

I spoke again with the lady at RFC. She said that we would have a good chance of a "quieter" atmosphere if we did around 11am. But I do realize that there are some who attend church services on Sunday mornings.

I am not against the food court idea. Any other opinions or ideas??

Kamy

My website:

Hey Kamy. It is always so hard to plan these type of events because you want to include everyone but that's near impossible. :( Well, if most people find the RFC to be too much $$$, then I am more than willing to do the food court--we can have it later on in the day, it's cheaper and we have more room. We could make some banners/posters to put up and let people know where we are. That's my two cents for now. I will check back later today and see what more people have to say. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter