DVC/DIS MEET: Michigan: post your preferences here!!

Well, I have to change it to me, myself and I will gladly attend - let me know what the plan is.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

Sounds like the food court will work best for everyone. If there is anyone interested in having lunch at RFC after the meet, we can make ressies seperately!

I will get the details together and post them soon! :)

So is August 5th the official date? I think if we are meeting at the food court, I will be coming alone! No need for me the chase 2 kids around, right? A good time for Mom to relax. See everybody there!!!!!!

The OFFICIAL date of the MI DVC/DIS meet is August 5.

We are leaning towards the food court instead of RFC due to price. Other opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kamy :)

Just got back! Sorry, kamgon for being so slow to respond. The food court will be fine for us too.There will be five of us.

Hi
I really don't care where we have the meet. There are advantages and disadvantages to each place.

RFC Advantages: Disney Theme

RFC Disadvantages: Hard to socialize while sitting at tables.
Noisey
Some felt it was too expensive

Food Court advantages: Easier to get up and socialize.
Inexpensive.

Food Court Disadvantages: Noisey. Crowded. Hard to keep track of kids in the play area while trying to socialize.

Park/picnic advantages: Inexpensive (bring your own food), quiet setting, very condusive to socializing, kids would be occupied.

Park/picnic disadvantages: Weather (although I don't think we get that much rain in August. It is more the heat issue).

Oh well, that is my summary for today!! Like I said, there are good and bad points to each place. We are a family of 4 who plans on attending wherever the meet ends up being.

Lisa

Great points Lisa!! :)

I feel the same way about everything you brought up!

I am fine with the Food court, being that it would be the easiest in terms of money and space.

I also suggested that if there was anyone who wanted to go for a later lunch at RFC AFTER the meet, let me know! Dh and I will do that (we love RFC soooo much!) and we plan to get a reservation held for after.

I would hate for people to be unable to come because of cost. Feeding a family at RFC can get VERY costly.,

So, I am opting for the food court at GLC.

I will post a NEW thread soon with the details.

I am shooting for Noon. This way crowds may be lighter on a Sunday.

Any more ideas??

Thanks!
Kamy :P

Lisa--great points. I agree as well. My only concern with an outdoor function--in addition to the weather--is location. Planning a park or recreational spot is difficult when people are trying to get to unfamiliar areas. I think that Great Lakes is pretty well known and easier to access. Maybe I am wrong?? I know some suggested meeting mid-state (lansing) but I am not familiar with the area enough to plan a meet.

Well, it sounds like the Food Court on 8/5 is it...right?! Well...I can't wait to see everyone. I hope that most people can make it. I hope that no one feels excluded. Too bad we aren't in the same area within the state.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter