DVC discount on cash reservation room?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
We just reserved a 2 BR room using cash instead of points. We were told by the CM that the DVC rate was not available right now but that we should check back in case it becomes available. Has anyone called to try to get this discounted rate? How often did you have to call? Any luck?

Interesting... I didn't know we had a special rate. Learn something new every day.

You did call Member Services, because they are the only ones that can give you the member discount.

I have gotten it several times, its 25% off of the rack rate. I was lucky I guess and got it when I called. So keep trying and something else I learned that I did not know.

When you book the cash discount, they will ask for a credit card to hold it, but they don't charge a deposit, unless you are a no show without the 5 day cancellation or when you actually check in.

I kept looking for the one night charge on my account after making the reservation and it never showed up.

Learned something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter