DVC FAQ error??

DizneyDreamer

Earning My Ears
i went to the FAQ section to determine if my calculations were right for how many points DH and i purchased.

When I went back and compared the points that were on the FAQ page to the points in the book they were correct..BUT the calculator doesn't have the weekly point rate in it. So it is giving a larger percentage of points needed for stays of a week or longer.

For the Dream season at the villias at WL it says (in the book we were given a week and a half ago with 2001 points)

this is for a studio

Sun-Thurs 13
Fri-Sat 29
and WEEKLY 123

just wanted to let ya know :) ;) don't know if you can do anything about that or not.

There really isn't a "weekly point rate". On the charts, they add up 5 weeknight night points and 2 weekend night points to give you the total for 7 consecutive nights to make it easier to compare, but there's no points difference for a longer stay.

In your example, 5 x 13 = 65, 2 x 29 = 58; 65 + 58 = 123 for the week.

When you use the calculator, see the note about the departure date. If you are departing on May 2, you put May 1 for the end date (actual last night), otherwise it will count an extra night.

OK I went back and figured it out again and it still came out high. I even called our DVC rep and ask him to calculate our total points needed for when we are going and the room type. He came up with 164. The calculator here comes up with 200. When we did it ourselves we also came up with 164.

strange huh? :confused:

The dates and the points for each night are listed below the total. Are those matching up with what you have?

What are the dates and resort/room type, maybe the techs can check the calculator.

If you have found any errors in the Point Calculator, please email WebmasterJohn@wdwinfo.com and provide the details of the error so he can correct them.

I think that only VWL will possibly have any errors. You can also use BWV Preferred View- since the points are the same as VWL.

Thanks!

Only include the dates of the nights you are staying. Do not include the day you checkout. I've done that once or twice and was shocked at the number of points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter