DVC for cash and dining plan

AlaskaMOM

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
I'm not going 'til next year but another post made me curious. If you get a room for cash (especially a fri or sat, when trying to save pts) do you have the option of getting the dining plan? Is it only when you reserve with CRO or can you get it when you get a DVC cash discount?

Along the same lines: do you get regular mousekeeping when you stay with cash as opposed to staying on pts? (I know on pts either trash and towel day or full cleaning about every 4 days)

Thanks for helping with my pondering :sunny:

Only if you book a room/ticket package through CRO. You get full housekeeping with that. Unless DVC comes up with their own dining plan.

If you book the member cash discount through member services, you can't get the package and you get the DVC housekeeping schedule. If you combine it with a points stay, it becomes 1 combined stay.

The dining package is available when you get MYW tickets for the duration of your stay and pay the "rack rate" at your resort. You are not able to get the dining plan if you get a discount on the room. However, we did get it cheaper by booking through AAA. They are the only way that I have found that you can get a room discount (small, but still a discount) and get the dining plan.

FWIW, I believe your stay must be at least 3 nights to add the dining plan on to your room & ticket package.

Best wishes-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter