DVC for last-minute travelers?

Here is what I am in the process of buying:

200 AKV Pts April UY $70pp (194 expiring on 3/31/14, 393 - 2014, 200 - 2015) Buyer pays 2014 dues, $195 admin fee, and closing costs

10/15 - Agreement on price reached
10/24 - Contract received from Fidelity (not sure why they take so long)
10/25 - Signed and returned by buyer

Waiting for word that seller has signed contract and that Fidelity has submitted the contract to Disney for ROFR.

Any idea if there is any chance I'll get to use those 194 points before they expire on 3/31/14 (assuming I pass ROFR)?

I am assuming that if this were to go to Disney by 11/1/2013 and it would pass by 12/1/2013 - maybe I would still have a good 2.5 months before those points expire. I have two travel windows for the weeks of 2/15/14 and 3/29/14.

I could use studio/1 bedroom (even a 2 bedroom for a night or two) - could borrow from the 2013 points if I go over a bit... anything to not lose the 2012 points....

You'll probably be able to piece something together - or even get a full stay at SSR or AKV although it's going to be a little difficult because you are looking at a holiday week in Feb. And if you mean a check in of 3/29/14 that would only be 3 days because the stay has to be completed by 4/1/14 in order to use those expiring points. Flexibility on room size and being willing to move if necessary will be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter