DVC For Retirement

StacyPop

<font color=purple>Things have a way of working th
I think I saw an old thread about this somewhere, but my search doesnt work-if someone could post it I would appreciate it!
If not, does anyone plan on using their points for retirement?
If so, how are you figuring out how many you will need?
Just getting some ideas.

depends upon you. How long do you want to stay at DVC once you retire?

someone say NOW there is a couple that stays 6 months at OKW. Would love to be them - but I don't have that kind of funds.

We plan to use our points in retirement, yes. How did we figure out what we wanted for the number? We really didn't. We bought points at BWV and VWL sufficient for our two trips per year now. Then AKV was announced and as AKL is our favorite WDW hotel, we bought another 200 points. Now we have 530 and I figure that should be enough to stay awhile in retirement. Who knows though, we may buy more if new resorts are announced.

How do you mean by using your points for retirement. In a way, we plan to just by taking longer and more frequent vacations to both WDW and HHI. Right now DH can't take more than a week's vacation at a time, so our 310 points is plenty (I make one or two solo trips with that too). Sometime in the next few years, as DH approaches retirement, we'll add-on, either at OKW or HHI. But we're not planning on going for one big stretch, just moving closer (within a day's drive to either place).

I live close, so I can get there in 3 hours. I thought I would look at building enough points to stay for two weeks at a time, during the low season. I was just wondering if anyone else is planning on using points as a "retirement home", instead of say, purchasing a condo.

Not me, I would not want to "retire" to a place that doesn't allow dogs.:dogdance: I had given serious thought to letting DMom stay at WDW for 2-3 weeks. However, at 87, all of a sudden, she is failing...this should not have been, but was a surprise to me and DSis. Truly, it's the one use of points that I wish I had done...but it's my only regret....she came with us on many vacations, the last one a birthday party for DAunt, 80, last October.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I also posted one back in May. Can't seem to find it now, maybe someone else on these boards know how to locate it. But there were many, many people who joined for retirement purposes, myself included! :goodvibes

I think we will win the lottery :lmao: buy hundreds of more points....retire
and be regular guests at the DVC resorts...especially escaping cold winters ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter