DVC Member booking Aulani at 7 mos window

OK kids, thanks for all of your pixie dust - I JUST finished booking!! Got our IV studio for 7 nights August 8-15. :jumping2: I was online at like 6:30 this morning just toodling around & waiting. Had a stare-down with the clock on the corner of the computer for the last 5 minutes. :rotfl: As soon as I finished booking I sent an email to request the highest floor possible in the long wing of the Ewa building. Then at 8:14 I went back & did another search for an IV studio and August 8th was gone so I would've had to book the PV if I'd have been any later with my booking. Of course I'm sure villa availability changes throughout the day just like when I looked the other day early and the 12th was gone then later that day it was available. What counted for me in my situation tho was what was available when I had to make the decision on which contract to borrow from at the time I made the reservation.

Anyway, so glad this is over!! Now I can go build a ticker and concentrate on getting ready for our trip to WDW next weekend and searching for a good rate on a flight between LAX and HNL (which is currently REALLLLLY high).

Hi Annie!

I have been following along with your thread for the past couple of days but haven't posted because I thought I might make you nervous. You see, this morning I was on pins and needles booking an IV 2-bedroom for August 8-15! I got it!!! So it looks like a happy ending for both of us.

I can't believe how tight availability is at Aulani for this time frame! We actually wanted an OV 2-bedroom and are now waitlisted for that because 8/8 is gone. Like you, we had been monitoring things all week and knew 8/8 was unavailable for OV and so were ready to grab the IV.

Hi Annie!

I have been following along with your thread for the past couple of days but haven't posted because I thought I might make you nervous. You see, this morning I was on pins and needles booking an IV 2-bedroom for August 8-15! I got it!!! So it looks like a happy ending for both of us.

I can't believe how tight availability is at Aulani for this time frame! We actually wanted an OV 2-bedroom and are now waitlisted for that because 8/8 is gone. Like you, we had been monitoring things all week and knew 8/8 was unavailable for OV and so were ready to grab the IV.

Congratulations and Aloha! pixiedust: And because I am still obsessed with all of this I just went back & looked again and now the IV and OV studios are both gone for the 8th and the PV is gone for the 14th. I am sure you got that other IV studio as part of your 2 bedroom. Did you have to borrow points to make your ressie? That was my dilemma - I would rather start low & waitlist higher so as to not "over-borrow" points. I didn't want to have to borrow any more than necessary.

OK kids, thanks for all of your pixie dust - I JUST finished booking!! Got our IV studio for 7 nights August 8-15. :jumping2: I was online at like 6:30 this morning just toodling around & waiting. Had a stare-down with the clock on the corner of the computer for the last 5 minutes. :rotfl: As soon as I finished booking I sent an email to request the highest floor possible in the long wing of the Ewa building. Then at 8:14 I went back & did another search for an IV studio and August 8th was gone so I would've had to book the PV if I'd have been any later with my booking. Of course I'm sure villa availability changes throughout the day just like when I looked the other day early and the 12th was gone then later that day it was available. What counted for me in my situation tho was what was available when I had to make the decision on which contract to borrow from at the time I made the reservation. Anyway, so glad this is over!! Now I can go build a ticker and concentrate on getting ready for our trip to WDW next weekend and searching for a good rate on a flight between LAX and HNL (which is currently REALLLLLY high).
So HAPPY for you!!
Now hoping for lower fares for you ( and me too from ewr/NYC for jul)!!
Yay!

So HAPPY for you!!
Now hoping for lower fares for you ( and me too from ewr/NYC for jul)!!
Yay!

I can't figure out what's going on with these airfares. I got a great rate on Alaska Air again for our DC to LA flight and from Maui to home. It's the LA to HNL and HNL to OGG flights that have gone sky high so I am hawking all the airfare sights. I think it is screwy that the flight from LA to HNL costs as much or more than my flight home from Maui. Good luck!!

Congratulations and Aloha! pixiedust: And because I am still obsessed with all of this I just went back & looked again and now the IV and OV studios are both gone for the 8th and the PV is gone for the 14th. I am sure you got that other IV studio as part of your 2 bedroom. Did you have to borrow points to make your ressie? That was my dilemma - I would rather start low & waitlist higher so as to not "over-borrow" points. I didn't want to have to borrow any more than necessary.

And now both the Friday and Saturday for IV 2-bed lockoff are gone!! Sure glad we booked this morning! We had to borrow just a bit. I agree that starting low and waitlisting higher is definitely a good strategy. We have some flexibility in our dates because we will be on Big Island first. If we can get the OV 2 bedroom, we may drop our first night (8/7). Then, the points we borrowed for the IV would just get absorbed into the 6-night OV ressie.

OK kids, thanks for all of your pixie dust - I JUST finished booking!! Got our IV studio for 7 nights August 8-15. :jumping2: I was online at like 6:30 this morning just toodling around & waiting. Had a stare-down with the clock on the corner of the computer for the last 5 minutes. :rotfl: As soon as I finished booking I sent an email to request the highest floor possible in the long wing of the Ewa building. Then at 8:14 I went back & did another search for an IV studio and August 8th was gone so I would've had to book the PV if I'd have been any later with my booking. Of course I'm sure villa availability changes throughout the day just like when I looked the other day early and the 12th was gone then later that day it was available. What counted for me in my situation tho was what was available when I had to make the decision on which contract to borrow from at the time I made the reservation.

Anyway, so glad this is over!! Now I can go build a ticker and concentrate on getting ready for our trip to WDW next weekend and searching for a good rate on a flight between LAX and HNL (which is currently REALLLLLY high).

So happy it worked out! We will pass each other on my last night and your first :) We check out on August 9.

OK guys I need a little pixie dust for my flights. Using miles. Booked what I could get as soon as I knew our dates, but watching and hoping for a particular Houston to HNL flight to open. Tons of seats available but no luck yet :(

Any hints are best days/times to check the airline. Locked in to United.

Thank you!:flower3:

OK guys I need a little pixie dust for my flights. Using miles. Booked what I could get as soon as I knew our dates, but watching and hoping for a particular Houston to HNL flight to open. Tons of seats available but no luck yet :(

Any hints are best days/times to check the airline. Locked in to United.

Thank you!:flower3:

I sometimes use this airfare matrix site - but mainly when I am open to ANY airline and am just searching for times & prices. It is pretty handy and offers lots of options on sorting & multi-city trips etc. tho so you might want to bookmark it for future trips too.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Good luck!!

I can't figure out what's going on with these airfares. I got a great rate on Alaska Air again for our DC to LA flight and from Maui to home. It's the LA to HNL and HNL to OGG flights that have gone sky high so I am hawking all the airfare sights. I think it is screwy that the flight from LA to HNL costs as much or more than my flight home from Maui. Good luck!!
Airfares are doing some crazy things lately.
I'm going to start considering a connection flight to see if that lowers the fare significantly

Good luck to everyone with airfare. Wishing for another airline glitch so we all get really cheap fares!! Lol.

We have a wedding in LA and we are going to Maui after Aulani so I did a multi city. Houston to hnl, maui to lax and then lax back to Houston. Now I just need to get hnl to maui

We have a wedding in LA and we are going to Maui after Aulani so I did a multi city. Houston to hnl, maui to lax and then lax back to Houston. Now I just need to get hnl to maui

We usually use Hawaiian Airline for our inter-island flights but they are currently running a LOT higher one-way than they were a year ago. LAST January when I first started looking between HNL and OGG they were $65 then they went up to $68 so I booked then. After that they rose steadily as they sold out their flights to the mid-$80s but this year they are running in the $90's. I am hoping they come down a little before too long (still have my credit to re-use on them before the 27th). I think if you do a little research you will find they get much higher marks than Island Air or the other inter-island airlines...

I think if you do a little research you will find they get much higher marks than Island Air or the other inter-island airlines...

I once used Go airlines to do an inter island flight bc they were slightly cheaper. I was so nervous bc the plane was so small. Much smaller than I'm used to flying--even for a 30 min flight. Now I just suck it up and use Hawaiian for inter island flights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter