• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Moonlight Magic Longshot ?

Dean Kimberly

Earning My Ears
May be a longshot but... My wife, daughter and myself travel to Disney once per year. Was going to see if anyone had 3 extras for the Feb 6 Moonlight Magic/Madness we could be your guest and join to get in, to experience this magical event. Never hurts to ask :-), thank you.

I keep getting emails from DVC saying there's still space for Feb 6. Go to DVC website and book the event or call MS and they can do it for you.

I keep getting emails from DVC saying there's still space for Feb 6. Go to DVC website and book the event or call MS and they can do it for you.
I'm guessing they are not DVC and so want to use someones extra capacity?

Yes I’m guessing they are not DVC. Honestly I don’t believe anyone would or should do this. This event is for members and their guests only. I think this would be circumventing disney’s rules and is taking away a potential spot from a DVC member and their actual guests. And even if the event is not sold out, if many people do this it would sell out and make the lines longer for the people that are invited to be there. I would have no problem if the event was sold out in a legitimate way.
Also, if this was found out by DVC that many people were doing this I feel like they would make the guest rules stricter or take the events away.

We are not DVC members yet. We actually are scheduling a call to talk to a cast member next month about becoming members. So it will not be an issue in a year lol, or maybe even later this year I would assume. But figured if anyone with DVC membership didn’t care and could let us tag along on their extra capacity that it Deff does not hurt to ask. I completely understand your point of view about becoming more crowded if everyone let someone else in, however isn’t that why Disney allots every DVC member X number of guests? This is also the reason I am posting in a message board about not on social media. With all of that being said...

If anyone is going Feb 6 and books 3 extras and we can tag along that would be magical and awesome. If not at least I tried and thank you everyone for reading :-) regardless of the out come everyone have fun!!

I totally understand wanting to go and you asked very politely! It truly is a great perk!
If you really want to go, I would move your call to member services up and then you will be able to book it! The price is going up substantially soon so it would be in your best interest and save you quite a bit to do it before Jan 17th

And I greatly appreciate your input and taking time to respond. In regards to booking prior to Jan 17th, what is the reasoning for the substantial price hike? Also we have done substantial research into the pros and cons of joining and want to make sure we have time to decompress once talking to the Member services. So I am not certain we would book prior to Feb 6th regardless. So in a dream scenario someone magically has 3 extra slots for us to tag along and we get our DVC membership this year. But I also know this is a slim chance.

We will be very excited to be in your club soon haha

And I greatly appreciate your input and taking time to respond. In regards to booking prior to Jan 17th, what is the reasoning for the substantial price hike? Also we have done substantial research into the pros and cons of joining and want to make sure we have time to decompress once talking to the Member services. So I am not certain we would book prior to Feb 6th regardless. So in a dream scenario someone magically has 3 extra slots for us to tag along and we get our DVC membership this year. But I also know this is a slim chance.

We will be very excited to be in your club soon haha

If you've not already bought, I'd def consider buying resale (and if you value the DVC perks buy a 25 point addon) it will work out significantly cheaper.

With buying resale, are you still able to be invited to the special events?
You can’t get into the special events buying a resale. A lot of people buy a large resale contract and then add on a small direct contract to get the perks.
I don’t know the reason they are raising the prices but some of the resorts are going over $200/point

Ok awesome! Thank you for the information. Yeah that is a big increase. But still probably worth it long term.

As it stands will talk to member Tuesday. Probably won’t sign up prior to March, just so I can make sure we understand everything. If there are any other tips about DVC Deff feel free to pass along.

Also keep in mind, that DVC is only allowing one Moonlight Magic event per membership this year. Previous years have allowed DVC members to book them all if they called in time. I missed the cut-off for Magic Kingdom but am hoping for Animal Kingdom!

Also keep in mind, that DVC is only allowing one Moonlight Magic event per membership this year. Previous years have allowed DVC members to book them all if they called in time. I missed the cut-off for Magic Kingdom but am hoping for Animal Kingdom!

It's one event per park offered.

It's one event per park offered.
Yes!

Please note that, in order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership. Watch disneyvacationclub.com for additions to the Moonlight Magic event slate, as well as party hours and transportation information.

Last edited:
Perfect! Thanks everyone...

Is anyone going on Feb 6 that has/would welcome a group of 3 non current DVC members? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter